cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ECP at activity level not triggered

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All, we are on EHP4 and we activated ECP at activity level in config "view to activate . Would appreciate any solution/inputs..

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member230675
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

hope you have activated the business function OPS_PS_CI_1 in SFW5

and also activated the following in SPRO

Project System >> Costs >> Planned Costs >> Easy Cost Planning and Execution Services >> Easy Cost Planning >> Activate Planning for Network Activities with Easy Cost Planning

Former Member
0 Kudos

thanks for your reply. we have performed both the steps already, still unable to trigger ECP at activity level. still unresolved..

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Define Alternative CO version and Activate Multiple CO version for your controlling area in SPRO. Follow the path SPRO-Project System-Costs-Planned Costs-Easy Cost planning and execution services-Easy Cost PLanning-Define alternative CO versions & Activate Multiple CO version.

This should solve your issue i suppose.

Regards,

Gokul

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Gokul,

In EHP4, i don't see the option to activate alternative/multiple CO versions under ECP and execution services as advised by you. Please clarify on the menu path..

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Please check again if the business function OPS_PS_CI_1 is activated.

Regards,

Gokul

former_member230675
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

thanks for your reply. we have performed both the steps already, still unable to trigger ECP at activity level. still unresolved..

I think you need to activate multiple CO versions for Controlling Area.. (not sure, please try)

Former Member
0 Kudos

I tested and is working fine. I done SPRO (Activate Planning for Network Activities with Easy Cost Plan

) setting and then created a new activity under WBS. It got reflected along with other components in SPRO.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Gokul/Abdul,we have activated the bus function in SFW5 as well as network planning for ECP. thanks everyone for your inputs. i think we are facing a unique situation where it's not getting triggered despite performing the prereqs. one thing like some of you advised, i didn't find any option on EHP4 to activate mutiple CO versions. can anyone confirm they have come across themselves on this version.. i saw quite a few notes on this forum and fellow professionals mentioning that but didn't come across the option on EHP4.

many thanks,

former_member230675
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

did you try report RCNPRECP

please try in sand box first..!!

SPRO >>> PS >> Costs >> Planned Costs >> Easy Cost Planning and Execution Services >> Easy Cost Planning >> Define Alternative CO Versions

SPRO >>> PS >> Costs >> Planned Costs >> Easy Cost Planning and Execution Services >> Easy Cost Planning >> Activate Multiple CO Versions

Former Member
0 Kudos

i tried both the paths you mentioned, but they aren't available in EHP4. the only option that's available at this path is 'Define CO versions for ECP'

Besides, we made some progress where we heard from SAP that we need to activate enhancement EA-PLM in SFW5. However, we are still weighing our options whether to go ahead with it as you can't revert back on this once activated. so, need more study on this to ensure there are no side effects by implementing this function.

thanks a lot for your involvement/inputs..

PSPM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

As far as i know, there wont be any side effects on activating this business function. However, if you are still in doubt its better to get a feedback on this directly from SAP.

Regards,

Gokul

Former Member
0 Kudos

Activating this function on EHP4 enables both the options alternative CO versions and multiple CO versions. note 1389108 gives more details about the same. Probably this would have been applied already in the environments where my other forum mates have tested/advised, hence the options were available already for them. Though we are yet to implement it in our environment, have been able to track the exact issue with assistance from this forum, and of course SAP

It's great to be on this forum. Thanks everyone for your participation.

PSPM

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

former_member203108
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

There are threads availabe which talks about ECP at activity level. Go through that you will find out what you are missing.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Have done that quite extensively to no avail. the issue still remains.. looking for some valuable inputs from someone who faced a similar issue on EHP4..

Thanks,

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I would again suggest you to check whether the function is activated in SFW5. If i have to say this in simple words i would ask you check the 'Bulb' icon besides this business function in SFW5. If its glowing, its activated. Take help from your Basis guys also.

Regards,

Gokul