cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Locking of the Project and WBS Elements at a single step.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

My client requirement is to lock the complete project and wbs elements so as not to allow any further postings to the project, I knew that we can lock the project or WBS individually by setting the lock status, but i want to lock the complete project at one step, Is there any possible standard setting to sort out my Issue if not give me the solution.

Thanks & Regards,

RAM.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

virendra_pal
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

For project definition usually on master data lock is available as proj def is not an account assignment object

For WBS you can do a lock for account assignment to disallow postings but this cannot be passed on - so in standard system you have to do it for each element

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Answered,

Sincere thanks for giving me the valuable replies but still please confirm me in one word that it is possible to set a lock for Project Definition & WBS Elements at a single shot or not.

Thanks & Regards,

RAM.

former_member230675
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

it is possible to set a lock for Project Definition & WBS Elements at a single shot or not.

>

>

may be the below explanation will be helpful.

You can open the project in CJ20N for example and can set the lock for project definition and also you can set the lock for WBS element without saving and exiting from CJ20N, after setting the lock for both project definition and WBS Element you can save and exit.

It is not possible to select more than one object and set lock with one click.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Abdul,

Thank you very much for your helpful reply and it brings me the confirmation that we can not lock the project as a whole in one step.

Thanks & Regards,

RAM.

former_member203108
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi all,

Yes you can lock all the WBS elements in one go.

Open your project in project builder, select your project definition and now set the lock for project definition. This locks only project definition.

Now, while selecting project definition, click the WBSE overview. You will see the list of all WBS elements, here press select all, now all the WBS elements are selected. Now go to Edit>Status>Lock, select the option and save it. Now all your WBS elements will be locked in one go.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

In case you have multiple projects to put the lock, then you can do a simple LSMW using CJ02 and then just feed the data using the input file. If it is just one project then, not worth the effort.

Regards

Sreekanth

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

In addition to what Virendra has suggested you can instead configure a User status that prohibits the required transactions. You can then set and pass on this user status to the objects down the hierarchy. You can also have authorization control over this User status.

Regards,

Gokul