cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Usage Decision QA32

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

After doing Usage Decision in QA32 and when trying to save system is asking for a serial number. Why is the system asking the Serial number at this stage..??

Should I need to define the Serial number earlier only..?? If so when and where should I define? What for system is asking to define the Serial number..??

Regard's,

Uday.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

This depends on the serial number profile of the material. Certain activities are specified if serial numbers are mandatory or optional. Check the settings for serial number profile in customization for serial number management under plant maintenance.

Regards.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ozgen,

eply.

Let me check and come back.

Regard's,

Uday.

Thanks for the r

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

System asks Serial number because the material is already has been assigned serialised profile in material master.

Secondly if serialised profile in config is made mandatory for QMSL object

third. If you give UD as accepted or blocked and stock post full qty to unrestricted or blocked stock,system wont ask u to give serial number as all serial nos are accepted.

Where as if you are posting only partail qty. system do not understand how which serial number needs to be posted to which stock hence it asks for serial number.

Hope this helps u upto certain extent.

Regards,

Nitin

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thread closed

vasudevap_pushpalas
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear

serial number is maintained in material master and while usage desicion it wil ask cause in usage desion u will post the goods to the stoarge location according to the serial number it will go

with regards

pushpalas

Former Member
0 Kudos

if you have activated serial no in material master then define the internal range of serial no in customization