cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unit of measure EA is not convertible to stockkeeping unit LB

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I am getting this error when doing a goods issue for a process order with 2 components that have different units of measure, like EA & LB. I am using 'BAPI_GOODSMVT_CREATE' for this. Has anybody encountered this problem before? Please share your ideas on fixing this issue.

Regards,

V M.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI VM,

Check with ST in place of EA.

However here is the general idea to fix the issue with BAPI which is working in SAP but not from MII.

1. Open se37 in SAP GUI.

2. Enter your FM name and Execute it with debugging.

3. It will open a new debugger window.

4. Look in Local variables tab for all your INPUTs.

5. Check the difference between your entered input parameters and converted input parameters. like number formatting, spaces and ever conversion like PC to PCE.

Hope this will help.

Thanks

Anshul

0 Kudos

You might also need to check the two materials to make sure the alternate UOMs are valid for the materials. Since EA is not a standard convertible UOM to LB, it must be specifically called out on the material master for the conversion factor.

Regards,

Mike

Former Member
0 Kudos

The interesting thing is when I post the goods issue only for that component with UOM 'EA', it goes through fine. But, when the goods issue is done simultaneously with another component with UOM 'LB', I get this error.

Regards,

V M.

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

There might be two issues....

1. conversion factor

2. Use of different variable rather than the new variable where the converted value in stored.

Regards

SS