cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Thai characters to PDF using smart forms

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I have created a smartform which displays order details. The address contains thai characters. While viewing the preview, the characters are displayed correctly.

The OTF form of this print is converted into PDF using the function module CONVERT_OTF and sent as mail attachment.

The issue is in the PDF attachment, thai characters are converted to junk characters. Can anyone suggest how to overcome this?

FYI, for displaying thai characters, chinese font THANGSAN is used.

Thanks & regards,

Juli.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

There are several notes about that issue, so it should be better you checked them in SAP OSS

Max

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Max,

Is there anywhere in PDF conversion function module that maybe I can issue command 'UNICODE'?

When I preview my spool, it shows correct character.. with english character and thai character..

The problem is when I PDF print the spool using RSTXPDFT4, all the thai characters change to funny characters..

Need help here..

Juli.

aidan_black
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

There is no command like this. If you use device type PDFUC or SWINCF to create the spool before converting via RSTXPDFT4, then the PDF conversion will be unicode. See SAP note #999712. But you still need to upload true type fonts to support the Thai characters, this time via report RSTXPDF2UC as per note 999712 and the attached guide. The Adobe fonts don't support Thai so it is needed to embed Angsana new true type font into the PDF file to support Thai characters.

Regards,

Aidan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Go to tcode SCOT AND then click on SMTP node .

after that the dialog box appear in that box click the check button named 'SET ' infront of internet and check whether in output format of script/smartform pdf IS MAINTAINED OR NOT . IF NOT DRILL DOWN AND SELECT pdf .

<removed by moderator>

Edited by: Thomas Zloch on Oct 3, 2011 11:03 AM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Aidan,

I've forwarded the suggestion to my basis and now RSTXPDFT4 is converting my spool correctly to PDF format.. All characters are correct.

Thanks again.

Juli.

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

aidan_black
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

You must upload Angsana New true type fonts that support Thai characters under the font family THANGSAN via report RSTXPDF2 as described in SAP note #339832. You must use a Thai device type to process the form. e.g THSAPWIN and the language key of trhe used form should be TH. Thai font THANGSAN must be usd for the Thai characters.

Regards,

Aidan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Max & Aidan, I'll forward the options to my basis..

Edited by: Julimainoe Mohd Noh on Sep 27, 2011 3:34 AM