cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Creating credit memo request - V1 498 / missing order quantity

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

could any of You pls help me with a credit memo creation issue?

I credit memo needed to be created based on invoice, so configuration and copy control is done as usual, but I have a failure during CR order creation referring to an invoice F2.

I got an error message: V1 498 - Credit already exist for item... - and no qty is transferred to new document

I have gone thought the threads on Forum, but none of the suggested solution was appropriate to solve the issue:

- the document flow is updated in copy control ,

- I can no remove the schedule line flag at VOV7 - the order qty will be missed but target qty is used, and end up incompletition (VU 019 error messge), so billing is faile

- completition control set as B at VOV7,

Still have the problem

Could any of You pls help me - answers will be appreciated.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Basically we use billing type G2 for credit memo not F2.

So try this and let me know.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

thank You for answering - I am affraid, You have misread me:

We have OR (sales order ) - F2 (invoice), and referring to F2 original invoice I am about to creat CR (sales order), based on this G2 (invoice). Having difficulties between F2 - CR

Pls, no basic answer.

Br

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Please check the document flow with the reference of F2 Invoice as Credit Request has already been created.

This error comes when the Credit Memo request has been create against the same F2 Invoice.

You can refer the standard program FV45EF0V_VBEP-WMENG_PRUEFEN_FO for more information.

Best Regards,

Ankur

Shiva_Ram
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Check OSS Note 178035 - Incorrect message when credit memo requests are created is of any help, as this was released in 2001.

Regards,

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Shiva,

thank you for answering - I have already checked this old note, but ignored, due to having 700 release.

Br

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

former_member182378
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

V1 498 - Credit already exist for item...

What the above message means is that lines items have already been used as reference for the creation of credit memo request(s).

Create a new sales order, delivery and billing document. Then create credit memo request with reference to this new billing document and test.

In VTAF copy control, at item level, field "Pos./neg. quantity" dictates how the quantity in the source document is affected by copy control.

PS - I tried to create credit memo with reference to billing document (F2), there were no issues there. Therefore I am taking that the issue is with credit memo request (copied with ref to billing document F2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Typewriter,

thank You for answering - You are very right - it should work, as You have described.

Whatever I try out of this 3 options in VTAF - I still get the warning message and no qty in CR documents.

Br

former_member182378
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi lovagszent,

Please inform -

1) did you try with a new sales order --> delivery --> invoice --> credit memo request?

if not please do this test.

2) are you using standard document types i.e. F2, CR ? and with the standard copy control settings?

3) in VOV7 for TAN, completion rule is blank. Have this blank and try.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Typewriter,

1. Yes I have been dealing with normal document flow process - with no delivery: Sales order OR, invoice F2, Credit memo CR

2. F2 and Cr is standard

3. but : item TAO not TAN - completition rule blank and B - give the same result - warning message and missing qty.

Br

former_member182378
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I think, it is to do with milestone billing (TAO). To verify this, please do a test with

OR --> F2

item category TAD (Service), without delivery.

And then create CR with ref. to F2. Check if you are getting the message?

Also please explain your business process (what is this project or.....)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Thank You for anwsering

I have actually made different testing, and You might be right - the missing qty is due to billing plan - also checked the peviously mentioned form (VBEP-WMENG_PRUEFEN_FOLGEBELEG) - whenever I create an invoice, where billing plan is active in sales order - this form register as 0 qty is to be transferred and raise message V1 498, also no (zero) qty it at order qty.

I checked OSS notes - none of them mention this featute at billing plan usage.

So, this is a fact or is there any standard solution for that?

Could You pls, advice me?

former_member182378
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

For starters, compare ALL the settings - i.e. VTAF with item category & VOV7 between TAN and TAO.

Try to eliminate ALL differences in TAO, if any.

Second, explain your business process, as requested earlier. Is this a project or what?

From the business logic you can find out whether the message is justified.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

thank You for answering - it was helpful.

I close this thread.

Br

former_member182378
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Please explain your business process, as requested earlier. It shall help in our learning.

Lakshmipathi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Apart from the above note, you also check the following notes:-

a) Note 1511630 - Msg. V1498 about existing credit memo requests not displayed

b) Note 340024 - Message V1498 in spite of miss credit memo request

G. Lakshmipathi