Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Material BOM explosion in Service Order components

philippe_tsalos
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi experts,

I created a Material BOM with transaction code CS01.

Then I try to add this BOM in the component of a service order.

What I expected is the BOM to be exploded in the service order. But this behaviour doesn't occur.

Do you know what I can do to trigger a Material BOM explosion at service order level.

By the way, the BOM is not exploded after the service order (in the reservation or in MIGO).

Thank you for your help.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Actually material A must be marked with 50. However, I have checked the method and it does not work either way for service orders, whereas this works for production orders. I guess the BOM itself and the explosion mechanism is totally irrelevant for service orders. I'm sorry for the mislead.

philippe_tsalos
Participant
0 Kudos

Ok Özgen, thank you anyway for your help.

Hi Kolla,

Thanks for the user-exit but at the moment I'm looking for a standard solution.

former_member187991
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

hi

For exploding the Material BOM you need to enter the material in the operation General tab

Regards

thyagarajan

philippe_tsalos
Participant
0 Kudos

Thank you thyagarajan but BOM explosion doesn't take place event if a enter the BOM at the operation tab.

It seems that material BOM explosion can not occur at service order level 😕

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Mark the material as aphantom material. You can do this in MRP2 screen of the material by entering 50 in special procurement indicator.

This field is also available in BOM items. If you do not maintain MRP screens for materials, you can set this indicator in BOMs as well. However phantom material must not be the header of the BOM. It could be at the first level of the BOM.

philippe_tsalos
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Özgen,

Thank you for help.

Special Procurement 50 didn't exist in my system.

I created it in SPRO for the plant with the Procurement Type F (External Procurement) and the flag Phantom Item checked..

Then I created

- Material A (MM01)

- Material BOM A (CS01) with:

-- item 1 Material B (which has Spec Proc Type 50 in MM02-MRP2)

-- item 2 Material C (which has Spec Proc Type 50 in MM02-MRP2)

After that I created a Service Order (IW31)

I put Material A in the Component tab with quantity 1.

The BOM remains unexploded.

Did I miss something?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

When ur creating service order on any eqpt which has BOM and u want to automatically include all the BOM items in Component Tab of IW32 , then try it with user exit :IWO10029 Inclusion of bill of material in PM/SM order

I have not worked in that user exit , u can give a try ..

regards

pushpa