Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

S_TCODE object is not coming in role after adding profile of another role.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Gurus,

I have added profile of a existed role to a newly created role in pfcg (edit->insert authorisation-> from profile), but I can't see the S_TCODE object of that role of the added profile.

For some roles, it appears, but for some, it don't come.

Please let me know the reason behind this, so that I can go forward.

Regards,

Nilutpal.

4 REPLIES 4

arpan_paik
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

When you are inserting authorization from profile then it will add the object manually. Now for S_TCODE if the tcodes in any manual instance are already present in other instance then it will not create a new instance for that. Simple merge function of SAP. It will also consider ranges as well. SAP is SMART. Isn't it?

Regards,

Arpan Paik

Edited by: P Arpan on Sep 23, 2011 11:03 AM

former_member759680
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello,

If you add a profile that contains authorization - S_TCODE, it should be added to your newly created Role.

A single Role can have multiple profiles. So make sure, you add all the profiles of that Role to your newly created Role. One of them will contain S_TCODE object.

0 Kudos

Dear Gurus,

For some roles, if I add the profiles to a newly created role, then it shows all the S_TCODE objects of all the profiles in the newly created role. I am facing this issue for some roles only not for all. After addtion of the corresponding profiles of these roles, al the other objects appears in the new role except S_TCODE though these roles don't have common T-Codes.

Please suggest how to check the same and get rid of this issue.

Regards,

Nilutpal

0 Kudos

Hi,

S_TCODE will be added in your authorization profile when you add some T-Codes in Menu Tab of that role in PFCG.

This may be the case for your role. In this case it will not be copied with profile. It will be added only if you add the T-Code in Menu Tab.

The other case is if you directly insert it in bthe authorization objects. In this case it will be copied with profile.

Please revert.

Regards,

Jaya