cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PP and Project Based Manufacturing- ETO

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Can you guide me in the preparation Operation Plan in a ETO scenario with PS integration.The details are as below:

-PP is Integrated with PS, currently there is no S&OP, Demand Management.

-MRP is directly run for Project Using MD51.Planned orders are generated which are then converted to production order.

The problem is this:

-Since there are different projects running in parallel and Manufacturing Facility is single,a comprehensive Production plan needs to be prepared.The delivery dates comes from the projects(PS) and this is subjected to change based on availability of Engineering specifications. This change has to reflect automatically in the Production Plan.Now, I need to know how can we integrate PS and PP so that the Plan for deliverables (Finished goods which are manufactured) can automatically flow to PP.Is there any way we can use SOP or DM for this purpose. The granularity of plan we are looking at is production on daily basis.

Any Idea would be greatly appreciated.

Edited by: Shankar on Sep 23, 2011 6:20 AM

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

madlercm
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

You task is not easy, since, to my understanding, you release PP orders (or at least PS requirements for production) before the product is fully engineered. Then, as BOMs and drawings are getting released by engineering, you want to update PP.

I think that you should have a design review on where to draw the line between PS and PP in respect to operations. SAP's best practices is that always manufacturing operations should be done with a PP order, but this can be discussed.

You should try to keep all the "unstable" and "in-process" operations (typical PS stuff) on PS networks, and release to PP only when you have a full engineering spec.

So, all engineering work, advanced procurement for LLI, tool manufacturing, preproduction activities, tests, etc., should be on PS networks. Then when engineering is releasing a subassembly or any manufactured part, you fully define it's production data (BOM, Routing), put it as a component required on an activity of a network (this way it gets the date from PS schedule), run MRP so all the components are planned, and convert planned orders to production orders and purchase requisitions.

In case PS schedule (dates) change after, you get MRP exception messages to signal the need to adjust production and purchasing accordingly.

Regards,

Mario

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for the reply.

You are right ,there is very litle time from the release of engineering specifications/drawing to production and hence the need for comprehensive rolling production Plan which is integrated with PS.To be specific,

- Is there a way in PP to get the dates from PS and maintain it in SOP/Demand management and run a MRP on this? The reason is with various manufacturing projects, Production Manager would like to have control and track all the finished products being manufactured, and any changes in the PS on the delivery dates or drawing available dates should reflect/change the production plan.

-If the above is not feasible, then what is the best to create a production plan in SAP -PP using information from PS.

Regards,

T Shankar Nag

Anupam1143
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi

You can check with Production Lot Planning with PP-PS integration which may fulfill your requirement.

check this link:

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_erp60_sp/helpdata/en/13/153b351b068076e10000009b38f889/frameset.htm

Regards

Anupam Sharma

madlercm
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

It is possible to use a special kind of PIR for project material planning (advanced procurement), see the link:

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_erp60_sp/helpdata/en/8b/fcd0687e3811d2b6bc0000e8359ebc/content.htm

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for the reply.

I read the Advanced procurement functionality. If my understanding is correct, It enables to create planned orders (and PR's)in advance.But this is again from a Project's (PS) perspective. i.e the way a procurement is handled in PS. Now, our Problem is since there are simultaneous Projects running, with one Project Group handling each project , they will not have visibility into other projects. However for manufacturing, the requirements for inhouse production comes from different Projects. and inorder to arrive at next months production plan, planner has to manage these different Project requirements(Material requirement) and consolidate in a operations plan.

To addess this issue, Is it possible to use Flexible planning in SAP-PP to get the requirements from SAP-PS (from different Projects), transfer to demand management, and then run MD51.

If not, what are the other options of managing different project requirements in SAP-PP. Can we think of managing planned orders in some kind of planning board.

Warm Regards,

Shankar

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

in your case since PS module is there the following are the activities to be done

!) from PS point of view Create WBS element, network,activities

2) If MRP run is required execute MRP

OR

3) for the WBS element itself you can create production order Using the T-code=CO10

Regards,

Raj