cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BW Reports on iPad

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear BO Experts,

My client has BOBJ 3.1 & BW 7.0. The client now wants to move few of their BW reports on iPad using business explorer. I know that the general steps involved are

1) Install business explorer

2) Creating universe

3) intergrate iPad with Universe.

Kindly correct me on the above steps involved. But I also think that client has completed the 1st & 2nd step. In this case how can I move the BW reports in iPad i.e. how the integration will hapen or how can I move those reports on iPad.

Thanks,

Rahul

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

former_member235179
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Rahul,

Just need to correct your terminology, you refer to business explorer, which in the SAP world is BEx, this has nothing really to do with Business Objects and the Ipad application.

Rather you would be using Business Objects Explorer for Ipad.

First for the Ipad there are two Apps. BI Mobile and BO Explorer.

For BO Explorer you have to install BO Explorer on the BO Server and you could use it with the Ipad.

For WebI Reports you would need BI Mobile on your Ipad, so you need to determine exactly what your end reporting requirements will be and then take it from there.

The documentation explains the installation process (I suggest you review this on our Support site), generally for:

1. BO Explorer - The SAP BusinessObjects Explorer for iPhone/iPad app has the following device requirements:

u2022 Compatible devices: iPhone and iPad

u2022 OS: iOS 3.3 or later

3.2 Prerequisites for Configuring Your Device

Ensure that your administrator performs the following tasks before you configure your device:

1. Make sure that you have installed the following products on your server to work on SAP BusinessObjects Explorer for iPhone/iPad:

u2022 SAP BusinessObjects Enterprise XI 3.1 Service Pack 3

u2022 SAP BusinessObjects Explorer 3.2 Service Pack 2

u2022 SAP BusinessObjects Mobile XI 3.1 Service Pack 3

u2022 SAP BusinessObjects Enterprise Fix Pack 3.4

u2022 SAP BusinessObjects Mobile Fix Pack 3.4

2. Deploy the MOBIServer.war file onto an application server of your choice.

You can find the MOBIServer.war file at the following location of your SAP BusinessObjects Mobile installation: <INST_DIR>\Business Objects\BusinessObjects Enterprise

12.0\java\applications\

Note:

The MOBIServer.war file is delivered as part of SAP BusinessObjects Mobile Fix Pack 3.4 and later releases.

3.Modify the value of the parameter from "/WEB-INF/sample.properties" to "/WEB-INF/server.properties" in the web.xml file found in WEB-INF directory of the MOBIServer web application.

4. Preconfigure Mobile server (MOBIServer) to display Explorer servers that are used while creating connection from the SBO Explorer app.

To add Explorer server names to servers list, perform the following steps:

a. Open the server.properties file from the following location: <INST_WEB_APP_SERVER>/MOBIServer/WEB-INF/ where, INST_WEB_APP_SERVER is your web application server installation directory where your have deployed the MOBIServer.war file.

b. Enter the values for ExplorerServerNickName and ExplorerServerURL parameters.

For example, ExplorerServerNickName=Experience_Demo ,ExplorerServerURL=http://experience.sap.com/polestar where,

u2022 ExplorerServerNickName - a logical name for the SAP BusinessObjects Explorer server that appears in the server list field of SBO Explorer while creating a new connection.

u2022 ExplorerServerURL - a URL of the Explorer server.

Note:

To add multiple Explorer server names, you must make entries for ExplorerServerNickName and ExplorerServerURL parameters along with values in a new line.

For example,

ExplorerServerNickName=Experience_Demo1 ,ExplorerServerURL=http://server1/polestar1

ExplorerServerNickName=Experience_Demo2 ,ExplorerServerURL=http://server2/polestar2

c. Re-start the web application server.

2. BI Mobile - install the APP BI Mobile on the Ipad

- deploy the BiMobile war File (in one of the installation folders there is a war file MobileBIService.war which must be copied to /tomcat/wepapps/ and restart Tomcat

- configure the app (create a connection)

Then you will be able to download Webi reports.

Once your universe have been built off the BW queries and published to Business Objects they would also be available in Business Objects Explorer where you could create Information Spaces.

Documentation available here:

http://help.sap.com/businessobject/product_guides/

I hope this is a very helpful answer to you.

Kind regards,

John