Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Use of SHOW MY TASKS button

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

We are on SRM 7. ECS.

I'm confused regarding the use of SHOW MY TASKS which appears in the shopping cart screen.

If I create a shopping cart which needs aapproval by my manager sya USER B,then how can user use the SHOW MY TASKS button to directly approve my cart until and unless he sees the cart in his POWL?

Are there any settings for POWL so that users can see the carts which are peniding for their approval even though they are created by some other user?

Pls advise.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

'Show my task' button is related to your action for that document.

In some of the cases, a requisitioner also can be a level of approver or reviewer so he/she can directly go to task for the document.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Jay and Ankur,

Jay,

I think I was thinking on the same lines what Ankur explained.When a shopping cart creator is an approver e.g. USER A created a team cart and USER B is a purchasing substitute if user A,and also an approver of the cart,then USER B can see the cart in TEAM CARTS in POWL,and when he goes to the cart details,there is "SHOW MY TAKS" button which on clicking hwos a small pop up with the work item for the cart as USER B is also the approver for the cart.

Other then the above scenarion and when the cart creator is also the cart approver,which other scenarios is the button "SHOW MY TASKS" useful?

Former Member
0 Kudos

The "show my task" button is a generic way of showing the possible processes (basically the workflow tasks, or workitems) for the current user regarding the current document. For shopping cart in particular, for example, if the workflow process is defined as "approval with completion", the approver and requester can communicate via "inquire" and "proceed" actions. So when the approver is "inquiring" about the cart, the workitem will go back to the requester's UWL, where the requester would see "show my task" button upon displying the cart. And by "processing" the document upon clicking the "show my task" button, the requester is able to accept the changes made by approver, make further changes to the cart, etc.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Cool!!!Thanks Jay for the information.

So can we say that the "SHOW MY TASK" button use is mainly for the "INQUIRE" function used in PCW in SRM 7?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Let's make it more general: "Show My Task" button is introduced in SRM 7.0 in accordance with approval workflow process.

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

how can user use the SHOW MY TASKS button to directly approve my cart until and unless he sees the cart in his POWL?

SHOW MY TASKS button is not used to directly approve the cart. The approver will not find the cart through POWL, but through his/her UWL (Universal Worklist), which is usually under the tab "Home" >> "Overview" >> "Universal Worklist". The approver can see all the workitems in UWL and click into each document to view and approve from there.

Are there any settings for POWL so that users can see the carts which are peniding for their approval even though they are created by some other user?

There is no setting in configuration so that users can see others' shopping cart through POWL. The POWL showing only the user's own shopping carts (or as requester in the case of "shop on behalf") is the standard feature of SRM.