cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Manage transports (without ChaRM) in Solution Manager?

former_member269022
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

How do I manage transports in target systems (ECC, APO, etc.) using Solution Manager. We have the Dev systems (ECC, APO) connected using RFC to Solution Manager. Configuration (SOLAR02) will be done using Solution Manager. So the question is - how do we manage transports (without ChaRM being present) using Solution Manager?

Any suggestions/recommendations? I would greatly appreciate any feedback.

Edited by: GiveMeFood on Sep 22, 2011 10:05 PM

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

One of the main features available with the Solution Manager is ChaRM. It has been introduced to basically deal with the diverse transports management and related control framework over the SAP lanscape. Having a Solution Manager and not using ChaRM defeats the purpose of installing a Solution Manager in the first place. A better approach would be to incorporate the features provided by the system.

In my opinion - you should configure ChaRM, else it would not make sense to have the SolMan in the landscape. You would start using one of the features which you already have !

Regards,

Srikishan

former_member269022
Participant
0 Kudos

Understood about the ChaRM features and its advantages. But understand that its not in place.. how do we use Solution Manager to manage transports?