cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PI 7.1 SP07 to PI 7.3: PI Upgrade Tool

Former Member
0 Kudos

All,

Like Panaya and Live compare for ECC, do we have similar upgrade tools in the market available for PI?

If not, I want to get a general idea on the approach that other companies takes when it comes to upgrading PI:

How is the testing scope defined?

What is the high level approach to the upgrade?

How do you identify the areas of impact?

Generally, we do detalied level analysis on the area of impacts and then identify the list of interfaces to be tested. We than execute these interfaces in upgraded vs non-upgraded environment using a custom tool to compare the outputs. If the outputs do not match than we dig deeper to idenfity the cause and fix it.

This approach has worked very well for us for our previous upgardes and the post go-live issues have been bare minimum.

I neverthless wanted to shop around for new ideas or tools.

Thanks in advance.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

This guide may be helpful:

"Decision Making Factors when moving to PI 7.3"

http://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/sdn/go/portal/prtroot/docs/library/uuid/7048c50a-9b49-2e10-3b8e-ec2e1b02e...

Regards,

Sarah

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Sarah.

But I am looking for information about PI upgrade tools.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi there - I don't have any specific tools to mention, but it seems that your approach is good. We are presently upgrading from 7.11 to 7.3 mainly because we will be implementing alot of new interfaces over the next 2 years and wanted to get the 7.3 foundation beforehand. For us currently, this will be a purely technical upgrade in that we just want everything to work as before (which sort of seems like your approach), as opposed to also implementing some of the newer functionality that 7.3 appears to offer. Anyway, just my two cents worth.

Keith