SAP for Retail Discussions
Join conversations about personalization, omnichannel strategies, and operational excellence in retail using SAP for Retail software.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

POS Integration with IS-Retail

pankaj_mathur3
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi,

I am trying to integrate a Retail Point of Sale (POS) application with SAP ECC6.0 with IS-Retail.

Since I am new to SAP ECC6.0 / IS-Retail, I am seeking advice on which IDOC to use for integrating retail sales and payment transactions in the SAP system.

Should I use WPUBON01 which allows me to post Sale + Payment in a single IDOC or should I use WPUUMS01 and WPUTAB01 for posting sales and payment separately.

Also u2013 What are the Pros and Cons of using either approach?

Regards,

Pankaj Mathur

2 REPLIES 2

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI,

If you want to send non-aggreagted sales data to ECC then you should use WPUBON01. In this case u have to consider the sizing of the server as the data will be more. Else you can use WPUUMS01 and WPUTAB to send aggregated sales and payment list data. Sending the aggregated data is the preferred practice.

Former Member
0 Kudos

It depends on the level of detail you require from your data. Sales data using WPUBON message type can be traced back to each individual transactions while sales data using WPUUMS will only give you details to site, day, article sales quantity and sales dollar information.

Volume and performance is the main consideration in choosing. Then you may decide that don't need transaction level detail in all your systems, so you'll have to decide which system requires aggregated data and which doesn't.