Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Reporting to HR manager..

karthik_k3
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi Gurus,

I have setup 2 projects, 5 employees, assign 1 PM for each project and the other 2 employees as consultants working on the projects. Also, have one of them as the HR (Cost center) manager to whom all the 4 report to.

For the above scenerio..i had created as below...tell me whether its right or wrong.

project1--400337

in project builder i have assigned.

Assigned person Responsible as HR eg: Angelia

Applicant no as project manager ; eg: Brian

Assigned one consultant Jack to 400337/10/10 (assigned from Edit-Wbs element--proj team for wbs element)

Project2--400336

Assigned person responsible as HR eg: Angelia

Applicant no as project manager ; eg: Nelson

Assigned one consultant Greg to 400336/10/10

2 Project managers and 2 consults as to report to HR.

Kindly let me know if there is any other way to assign persons to the project?

Regards,

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Isshan,

The way you presented is very much correct if you are using it only for Information purpose.

CMP2 , i.e workforce planning can be used when you want to plan the dates as well cost for resources.

Let us know if you need more inputs on this.

Regards,

Nitin

karthik_k3
Explorer
0 Kudos

Thank you so much to Ammar, Gokul and Nitin for your views. I am trying to enter time for the following employees in cat2. So when i tried to do in CMP2, its asking project,wbs element,network. Infact we are not using networks in our project.

So how can i assign any persons (project manager,HR and consults to the project).

Please guide me in this,

Regards & Thanks.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

In that case just maintain the project team for the WBS element. Timesheet can be directly booked for a WBS also. Since you have no networks using CMP2 wont be necessary.

Regards,

Gokul

Former Member
0 Kudos

As mentioned by Nitin, CMP2 is meant for workforce planning and is used when you want to plan the dates as well cost for resources. I believe that is not what you are looking for. Therefore just maintain the project team for the WBS element as stated by Gokul.

Regards,

Ammar

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

What you have done is fine. Let me put it in simple words. In case you need to assign persons to the project you can create a project team for WBS. This can be done in transaction CJ20N and as advised by Ammar in his post above. Once you do this you need to assign persons to the activities. You can use transaction CMP2 to do this. You need to have a workforce planning profile in place to this.

For further details you can refer SAP help or search the forum.

Regards,

Gokul

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ishaan,

You can assign persons to projects/wbse in tcode CMP2 or in all processing transactions for wbs except CJ12. Usually persons are assigned to individual activities on the person assignment tab.

To build a team for your WBS, you select your WBS in CJ20N and then on the menu go to Edit -> WBS element -> Project Team for WBS element (Ctrl + F11).

Regards,

Ammar