cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Memory Requirements for Wily Enterprise Manager

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I am using Wily 8.0 and we are seeing slowness in SOLMAN JAVA stack and in Wily EM. Before throwing memory I am trying to understand following points. I have already gone through installation documents which does not cover following points

1> I understand Wily EM requires heap memory. Does Wily EM heap memory is same as JAVA heap, I mean both JAVA node and Wily EM access same assigned part of memory OR both JAVA node and Wily EM needs seperate memory? As per this I will throw more memory at box.

2> Installation guide say "Increase the heap size (u2013Xmx) of the Enterprise Manager if you have more than

~10 agents" but how much? I did not see any formula for this.

3> I am observing Wily EM process at O.S level is keep running continuously since I restarted it last time (which is weeks now). Is it normal?

Thanks

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

former_member209924
Contributor
0 Kudos

Amit,

Question 1.

Wily needs JVM Heap memory, which would be different from J2EE Instance HEAP. Adding additional physical RAM to your server will definitely help.

Question 2.

Set the Heap Size parameters to a minimum of 1024 MB

1. Initial Java Heap Size (in MB)

wrapper.java.initmemory=1024

1. Maximum Java Heap Size (in MB)

wrapper.java.maxmemory=1024 ((higher the better....)

Set the Java VM parameter u2013Djava.awt.headless=true for all platforms.

Otherwise, the Enterprise Manager will need an X server, i.e., the DISPLAY

environment variable must point to a valid X Windows server.

The file to maintain the parameterization is EMService.conf available in the

standard insttallation path /usr/sap/ccms/wilyintroscope

Please refer to SAP Note 1273028

Question 3.

The process should be running for Wily to work (this is my understanding). We also have this running for months on our server.

Regards,

Ravi