cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Solution Manager failure of job EFWK RESOURCE MANAGER (01 MINUTE

george_hamilton
Participant
0 Kudos

I'm having a problem with job "EFWK RESOURCE MANAGER (01 MINUTE", which runs every minute. In the job log it appears the job is successful, but it always generates 4 shortdumps. It is job "EFWK RESOURCE MANAGER (01 MINUTE" and the steps are "E2E_EFWK_RESOURCE_MGR" with a specified user. I've tried every user with Trusted RFC authorization and it still hasn't worked. It looks like the problem is an internal call from within Solution Manager.

Here's the error:

Client.............. 001

User................ "xxx"

Transaction......... " "

Call Program........."E2E_EFWK_RESOURCE_MGR"

Function Module..... "E2E_ME_RFC_ASYNC_NO_RR_255"

Call Destination.... "<hostname>_SMA_00"

Source Server....... "<hostname>_SMA_00"

Source IP Address... "xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx

The values in E2E_Resources table are fine and it doesn't show any errors in the job log.

Notice that the call destination is the same as the source server. I'm stumped on this. Any ideas?

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi, in my case these errors and dumps (CALL_FUNCTION_RECEIVE_ERROR for  EFWK Resource Manager job, E2E_EFWK_RESOURCE_MGR report, module E2E_ME_RFC_ASYNC_NO_RR_255) were related to errors I found in Extractor FWK Administration (solman_workcenter -> Root Cause Analysis -> Extractor FWK Administration), where you can also investigate extractor logs or under configuration section disable extractors for systems where the error occurs.

You can later enable / setup the right configuration via Diagnostics Setup (solman_workcenter -> Root Cause Analysis -> Diagnostics Setup) using the wizard.

Cheers, Marek

guilherme_balbinot
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Please check if you can implement note 1365995.

This problem is usually related to wrong stack combination (ABAP and JAVA). Check if your levels are according to note 1274287 (SOLMANDIAG = LM-SERVICE).

If it is wrong, correct it.

george_hamilton
Participant
0 Kudos

I checked that and everything is fine.

I left out that we are seeing this also in the short dump:

Error during call of SAP back end system

An error occurred when executing a REMOTE FUNCTION CALL.

It was logged under the name "Error during call of SAP back en"

on the called page.

The current ABAP program "SAPLE2E_FUNC" had to be terminated because it has

come across a statement that unfortunately cannot be executed.

The error occurred during an RFC call to another system.

In the target system, a short dump has been written as well.

More detailed information on the error cause can be found there.

When I run the E2E_EFWK_RESOURCE_MGR program in SA38, everything is fine and there are no resource bottlenecks.

I've found in other links that this job has to be run with with authorizations of the user SMD_RFC. I was never asked to create that user. Do you know what the authorizations are supposed to be?

PS We're on SP 36

Edited by: George Hamilton on Sep 23, 2011 4:00 PM

Paul_Babier
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hello,

Do you want to ensure that you have implemented the SAP Solution Manager Basic Fucntions note for your SP level?

Regards,

Paul