cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Registrer or apply oraarch gap files in DR system...

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

When i run below SQL stmts on DR system, i could understand as 267065 i appled successfully.

In primary system starting from *267066 to 267099 archive log files are moved due to space bottle neck and oracle dataguard failed find files..

If i bring gap files *267066 to 267099 and place i target ORAARCH will this be applied directly in STANDBY or do i need to follow any procedure applying this files. Please advice.

SQL> SELECT ARCHIVED_THREAD#, ARCHIVED_SEQ#, APPLIED_THREAD#,APPLIED_SEQ# FROM V$ARCHIVE_DEST_STATUS;

ARCHIVED_THREAD# ARCHIVED_SEQ# APPLIED_THREAD# APPLIED_SEQ#

-

-

-

-

0 0 0 0

0 0 0 0

0 0 0 0

0 0 0 0

0 0 0 0

0 0 0 0

0 0 0 0

0 0 0 0

0 0 0 0

0 0 0 0

1 267741 1 267065

SQL> SELECT THREAD#, LOW_SEQUENCE#, HIGH_SEQUENCE# FROM V$ARCHIVE_GAP;

THREAD# LOW_SEQUENCE# HIGH_SEQUENCE#

-

-

-

1 267066 267099

Thanks,

rahul

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

I have copied gap archive logs on to primary server and fixed the issue.It is synchronized automatic. Incase of failure i should have run a recovery..Thanks a lot for all the solutions provided..

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Rahul,

You have two ways to do this operation;

First one is, restoring missing files into the oraarch folder located on primary system. Then wait for a while. At this case you may need to defer and enable the shipment, manually. At the end of it, when the files have been created at the standby site, they will be applied automatically.

Second one is, restoring missing offline redolog files into the standby oraarch directory and register them manually.

I hope that it is clear.

Best regards,

Orkun Gedik

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Gedik,

Thank you , i have moved missing logs 267066 to 267099 in oraarch if PRIMARY SYSTEM. ... This procedure worked..

...... but there is no space to put 1000 logs sequentially and wait to apply needs of manaul effort.. I am thinking to go with procedure 2 as i explained below ..

1) I am sure i should be abe to register log file with this command copying gaps in to DR oraarch

ALTER DATABASE REGISTER PHYSICAL LOGFILE 'EEParch1_267606_670705522.dbf';

What i want to register some 1000 files in one SQL stmt... from 26706 to 26806, iIs this possible..

Due to G/L migration activity log files are generated more than 1000 ,more over there was space bottle neck on oraarch mount point and internet bandwidth is also not supported.

2) I am thinking of one more procedure...

Login to standby database...

SHUTDOWN IMMEDIATE

STARTUP NOMOUNT;

ALTER DATABASE MOUNT STANDBY DATABASE;

RECOVER STANDBY DATABASE; -- AUTO --

to apply all archive logs with sync to PRIMARY system and once it is in sync with primary..

ALTER DATABASE RECOVER MANAGED STANDBY DATABASE DISCONNECT FROM SESSION;

Login to primary and run

SQL> alter system archve log current.

Will this procedure work to keep the PRIMARY and TARGET in synchronization

Thanks & regards,

rahul

Edited by: Rahul on Sep 22, 2011 11:16 PM

Edited by: Rahul on Sep 22, 2011 11:17 PM

Edited by: Rahul on Sep 22, 2011 11:29 PM

Edited by: Rahul on Sep 22, 2011 11:31 PM

sunny_pahuja2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Few days back I faced similar problem. Then i performed manual recovery on standby server which is using data guard. And after manual recovery data guard started working normally.

Thanks

Sunny

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sunny,

What is the procedure you followed of manual recovey...

Can i go as below

SHUTDOWN IMMEDIATE

STARTUP NOMOUNT;

to apply all archive logs with sync to PRIMARY system and once it is in sync with primary..

Login to primary and run

thanks,

rahul

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

>> 1) I am sure i should be abe to register log file with this command copying gaps in to DR oraarch

>> ALTER DATABASE REGISTER PHYSICAL LOGFILE 'EEParch1_267606_670705522.dbf';

>> What i want to register some 1000 files in one SQL stmt... from 26706 to 26806, iIs this possible..

At this stage, I recommend you to use a spreadsheet application in order to build the SQL statements or develop a simple PL/SQL script to register these files at the standby site.

Additionally, I calculated you have 100 missing offline redologs, not 1000 regarding your numbers. If it is correct, you can restore them directly to the standby and register by using the way that I've mentioned above.

Best regards,

Orkun Gedik

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Gedik. Files were actually more than 1000, It is typing mistake sorry about that.....

SQL script sounds good to register...Probabaly i will use it with the excel sheet as mentioned..

How about the other procedure i have mentioned..Is this not recommended...

SHUTDOWN IMMEDIATE

STARTUP NOMOUNT;

Login to primary and run

thanks,

Rahul

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Rahul,

Your solution is technically correct, but you may face with bandwidth problems during transfer. Because of this, I suggested you attach a backup device to the standby and restore offline redologs. Then register them manually, by using a script.

Best regards,

Orkun Gedik

sunny_pahuja2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Yes, I did same way.

Thanks

Sunny