cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

User Existence : ora<SID>

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All

while installing ECC 6.0 EHP4 with oracle 11G, in the oracle software install step , i m getting the error as User Existence ora<SID> : This is a prerequisite condition to test whether user exists on the system.

However i am installing the oracle software from ora<SID> only and user exist on the OS level.

Have anyone faced this error yet with 11G. My OS version is AIX 6.1.

Regards

Rishab Jain

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

'User Existence: ora<JEP> - This is a prerequisite condition to test whether user "ora<SID>" exists on the system.'

'However i am installing the oracle software from ora<SID> only and user exist on the OS level.'

Really strange. May be the missing 'groups' for orasid be the reason then ? Or may be we can confirm if orasid has proper authorization to access RDBMS DVDs (However, you are able to run RUNINSTALLER with orasid already, but still if you can check rdbms and oracle client DVDs' path permissions.)

Or ulimits for orasid ?

What I would do is to ask Unix team to verify orasid user properties once again.

Thanks

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

Thanks for the update.

Oracle RDBMS and Oracle client all have 777 permission. Ulimit for the user ora<SID> id unlimited.

and ora<SID> belong to the group sapinst.

From my side all the check appears to be ok but still this is coming again and stucking up in the same phase.

Regards

Rishab Jain

Former Member
0 Kudos

Why not we create all the groups required for orasid and assign them to orasid.

Please try to assign all three groups to 'orasid' user -

1. dba - as a primary group

2. oper, sapinst - as additional groups

I still doubt whether it will resolve the problem, but let's try.

Thanks

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Rishab,

Post is not that much clear, could you tell us again what exactly the error is ?

Thanks

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

Thanks for the reply.

While installing SAP ECC , we have to install the database software. where the SAPGUI stops for the RUNINSTALLER to execute.

When i execute the RUNINSTALLER from /oracle/stage/112_64/database/SAP, oracle installer checks the prerequisite and there on the prerequisite check phase it throws an error as:-

User Existence: ora<JEP> - This is a prerequisite condition to test whether user "ora<SID>" exists on the system.

I hope this time i am clear with my post.

Regards

Rishab Jain

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

>> User Existence: ora<JEP> - This is a prerequisite condition to test whether user "ora<SID>" exists on the system.

What user you started the RUNINSTALLER ? It should be ora<sid>

Best regards,

Orkun Gedik