cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Create "generic" interface for multiple message interfaces

mark_meilleur
Participant
0 Kudos

I am currently setting up an xml to idoc scenario in which a partner would send us an xml file that I would map to an idoc. I envision getting to a point where additional partners would be a part of this process as well, but with their own unique schemas for the incoming xml data, which would be mapped to this same idoc.

I'm trying to restrict the number of customer-specific integration objects I need to configure, since the end result of the mappings will always be the same idoc. At this point, I have a single receiver agreement for the idoc being passed to ECC, but am heading toward customer-specific message interface, receiver and interface determinations, sender agreement, etc...

Can anyone point me to some documentation that would meet this need, if at all possible?

Thank you.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

rodrigoalejandro_pertierr
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Mark,

let me explain you what you can do.

you can relevate all you current client system to know what the data requested. from this point you can have a vision if is possible to generate a common request structure or not. if you cannot,you will have to configure as many Receiver Determination and Interface determinatios as client system you have.

IF you can generate a common request structure, lets procede to define the Mapping document to know if, in particular fields,you need to define a complex validation depend the client system that request for data.

There is no official document that i ve known related to this, it is a Architecture definition.