Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SUP 2.0 Hybrid Web Container App - Credential Request issues

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

Hello Experts,

I am having a problem when trying to get a Credential Request to work with a Client-Initiated starting point. I enter credentials just fine - but after that the app transitions to a blank (white) screen. I can click the back button and it becomes responsive after a minute. I then see the start screen associated to the Client Initiated starting point. I put a bunch of javascript alert statements in the Custom.js (and API.js) to trace the path of app. I found that the save does a submit workflow and the submit workflow executes a close workflow - doesnt sound right to me.

Has anyone got their credential request workflow apps to work? Or has anyone seen an error like this before?

Details:

Testing on BlackBerry Simulator

Mobile Business Object

w/ Runtime Credentials set to Username/Password.

In scc set to a scurity domain that is LDAP based

Credential Request screen implements 'Save Screen' menu item. Credential Info is mapped to edit boxes (cc_username and cc_password).

Thanks!

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Credentials Request is supposed to do a submit workflow

If I am not mistaken, Basically Credentials Request screen will allow the device register to get the DCN notifications. ( I am not sure about this)

Credentials Request should mostly be a stand alone screen. When creating the XBW Workflow Screen project slect the credential request screen and see the way it is created, You will notice it to be standalone.

Thanks

Pradeep

Edited by: Pradeep Gudipati on Sep 22, 2011 11:18 PM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

Thanks for your response. I will give this a try but have a couple of observations and questions:

Eclipse gives an error when there is just a Credential Request screen in the Flow Design view.

At least one Server-initiated or Client-initiated flow starting point needs to have a screen flow.

When creating a new Mobile Workflow Forms Editor and selecting just Credentials the default is to create the screen with a Menu Item that performs a Save Screen. This Save Screen will enventually perform a SubmitWorkflow and CloseWorkflow.

Looking back at older examples and documentation a Submit Workflow was used; I am using SUP 2.0.

Doesnt a Submit Workflow need a Mobile business object?

Using the Submit Workflow looks I will have to implement personalization keys to then map to my MBO in the Runtime Credentials parameters.

I think I am getting close.

Thanks again!

Edited by: JUSTIN MCGREW on Sep 22, 2011 10:11 PM