cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unable to see Oracle driver from Crystal Report’s Database Expert

Former Member
0 Kudos

I have installed Oracle client (version 10g) on my laptop that also has Crystal Reports 2008 ver 1 SP3. I then installed data driver 5.3 (Datadirect ODBC database driver) but I canu2019t see the Oracle driver nor the Oracle wire protocol driver from crystal reportsu2019 database expert. I have checked the path and it correctly points to the oracle client (c:\orant\bin). I am running Windows 7 professional.

Kindly assist.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (7)

Answers (7)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I have successfully installed Crystal Report Server 2011 version on RHEL 5.2 64 bit machine. We supplied the database connection information while installing and it was connected to the database and have created number of tables for its own Audit and metadata storage witout any issue.

Now we have reports created using Crystal Report Developer which has the same database information what we supplied to the crystal server at the time of the installation. I have uploaded one of the report into crystal server folder and can see in the database properties file for the given report displayed correctly and when we are trying to View the report we are getting database connection issue.

I have a modified the sap_bobj/enterprise_xi40/odbc.ini file for Oracle database 11g and restarted the server without any luck. We are suspecting there might be an issue with the oracle Wire protocol driver which is pointing to 32-bit library at following location

sap_bobj/enterprise_xi40/linux_x86/odbc/lib/CRora24.so

Now we have two questions:

1. Does it work with 32 driver ?

2. Where I can get the 64 bit driver and how we can use it with the server?

We have been struggling to get this working for long time and any help will be much appreciated.

Thanks & Regards,

Irfan

0 Kudos

Hi Irfan,

This post is marked as answered so if you could post a new question after searching first...

I suggest you log a case in SMP and have a rep work with you. I recall a configuration setting that would use the DataDirect 6.1 Wired Drivers but I don't recall the steps now. I just over heard another Rep fixing the issue.

Thanks

Don

Former Member
0 Kudos

Managed to establish connection using ODBC and working fine.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Pardhu

I've tried to connect as per your recommendation but get an error message

"Specified driver could not be loaded due to system error 127: The specified procedure could not be found. (CR Oracle Driver 5.3, C:\Windows\SysWOW64\CRor823.dll)

Any idea what could be the problem.

Thanks

Serah

0 Kudos

Hi Serah,

"Specified driver could not be loaded due to system error 127: The specified procedure could not be found. (CR Oracle Driver 5.3, C:\Windows\SysWOW64\CRor823.dll)

Means the ODBC Administrator cannot find the Oracle Client. I've seen that error message for 14 years now and typically because the Client cannot be found by the ODBC Administrator.

Are you absolutely sure you are using the 32 bit Oracle client as well as the 32 bit ODBC administrator located in:

C:\Windows\SysWOW64\odbcad32.exe

Possibly re-install the DD 5.3 drivers, make absolute sure you are a local PC administrator, you could even log onto the PC as the Local PC administrator and run the install that way to verify you have full access to all registry and folders....

You could try posting to Data Directs Forums and ask them if anyone has had this issue...

Thanks

Don

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Serah,

Try to re-install CR Oracle ODBC Driver 5.3 and Search for the file CRor823.dll.

If it is available you can get access.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Don,

Amplanning to uninstall and re-install DD drivers after performing a demo for a client. Right now am using ODBC Oracle Wire Protocal and it works most of the time. However at times I get error mesaages that connection from Crystal when refreshing data from the database, however when testing for connection through ODBC, I get a "Connection Established" message. I have to click the refresh button in Crystal reports several times before a connection is successfully established. Would you know why this happens?

Serah

0 Kudos

Hi Serah,

It sounds to me like you have connectivity problems. If you are demo'ing then likely on a Guest account and VPN'ing or some type of remote connection which is timing out due to bandwidth or other network issues....

When you get back to your office check with the IT guys on how to improve it. May be you need NIC card updates...

The Server may even have a default timeout set, check with the DBA on that also or you may need to configure the Client. DataDirect should be able to help you with their Driver configuration.

Thank you

Don

Former Member
0 Kudos

I have managed to establish a connection usingODBC Oracle Wire Protocol Driver so its working for now. But am still curious as to why I can't use Crystal Reports OCI to view and connect to Oracle tables. I undertsand that OCI connections are faster than through ODBC, is this true? anyone with this experience?

Any assistance is most appreciated

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Serah Muiruri

In Windows 7 64 bit ODBC Drivers 32-bit is stored under "C:\Windows\SysWOW64"

DIRECT PATH C:\Windows\SysWOW64\ODBC.EXE

Right click ODBC.EXE

Create a shortcut and place it on the desktop/Right Click and Pin to Task bar/Start Menu.

It is easy to access.

CR Oracle ODBC Driver 5.3 CONNECT CREATION STEPS

In ODBC Data Source Administrator Select CR Oracle ODBC Driver 5.3

DataSource name: Give any name to identify

Description:(Optional)

ServerName: IP ADRESS:PORT NUMBER/ SERVICE NAME

Eg: 192.168.0.120:1521/orcl

Client Version: slect the client version From the list

To know the connection is correct

Click the button Test Connection

Provide the username/password(Eg: scott/ tiger)

Press OK

Finally Click Apply button. Next OK

Thank you

Pardhu

Edited by: pardhasaradhi.t on Sep 26, 2011 2:41 PM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Don,

The path is as follows

c:\orant\bin;c:\program files\common files\microsoft shared\windows live;c:\prgram files (x86)\common files\microsft shared\windows live;c:\windows\system32;c:\windows;c:\windows\system32\Wbem;c:\windows\system32\windowspowershell\v1.0\;c:\program files(x86)\windows live\shared;c:\orant\jdk\bin

I have only one oracle client installation while crdb_oracle.dll is in the folder you mentioned.

Thanks for your help

Serah

Former Member
0 Kudos

From within Crystal reports. When I click on database expert, I can't see the drivers.

0 Kudos

Do you see the drivers listed in the ODBC Administrator?

Are you using Windows 7 32 bit or 64 bit?

Don

Former Member
0 Kudos

Yes I can see them in the ODBC panel. Am running Windows 7 64 bit.

0 Kudos

Odd... then you should be able to. CR looks in the PATH statement for the Oracle driver... If CR can't find the Oracle Client it won't show the Option to use it in the designer.

Open a CMD window and type in PATH and copy that into here.... I would like to see what it shows.

Do you or have you had more than once Oracle Client installed? If so I've seen this happen before, uninstall both and then install just the one.

Search for crdb_oracle.dll, it should be in the same folder where all the other are: C:\Program Files (x86)\Business Objects\BusinessObjects Enterprise 12.0\win32_x86

If it's not there then go into Programs and Features and do a repair install for CR and expand the DB drivers and verify the Oracle Driver is selected.

If none of the above fixes this then run Process Monitor and look in the logs for Oracle to see if there are any access denied errors or if it finds it and then any errors mentioned.

Don

0 Kudos

Hello,

Are you saying you can't see them in the ODBC Administrator when trying to create a new System DSN or when you click on the Drivers Tab?

Don