cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Chagne Sold-to-party

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Friends,

I have checked the forum before posting and did not see any appropriate threds and hence positng.

We have set up project and sales order (assembly process in PS) and already billed to customer and FI documents created. Later some time due to some unforseen circumstances we were asked to change the Sold-to-party in our sales order.

Then we have reversed all RA & Settled costs from projects, billing also cancelled and FI documents also. I have reset the billing milestone in SD and at WBS level.

Thinking that we would be able to make change in Sold-to-party at sales order level but the field is still grayed out and not letting us to change.

Currently on project no costs, no settlements values, no billing values and no FI documenets exists and its clean slate.

Does any one suggest how to fix this issue. Looking forward to hear and thanks in anticipation.

Regards,

PSR

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

gomatheeswaran_palaniappa
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

There is one more possible way if your business accepts this. You remove the WBS element assignment from all the line items and delete the milestones which are not billed.

Create a new sales order with new sold to party and link that WBS element and milestones. Pl remember, you have to delete the milestone in old sales order before attaching it to the new ones.

I'm giving you this suggestion as you have cancelled all the FI docs and related documents etc for the old sales order.

Regards.

P Gomatheeswaran

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Gomatheeswaran,

Thanks for the information.

Just wanted to confirm that, I have deleted the billing plans from SD and undo the milestone confiramtion in Project. After that I have deletted the WBS element from account assignment tab also.

during our analysis we have noticed one point that is our users have deleted the FI document before cancelling the Billing document. Here, we have not followed the path Cancel FI > Billing instead

cancel Billing document and FI.

Still not letting me to change sold-to-party.

I would love to create a new sales order and assign it to project but it is not possible in our kind of environment because ours is most customized scearnio and it will allow 1:1 (one sales to one Project) only. Before posting lot of research has been done on this issue and finally thought let me post it in SD forum so that some one might have experienced similar kind of situation and fixed.

Any have thanks for your information and appreciate your help.

Regards,

PSR

gomatheeswaran_palaniappa
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi PSR,

I got your scenario. We too had this 1:1 scenario. If you remove the WBS assignments, the sales order loses its value which means dummy. You can set a billing block / set rejection at line item. So no background jobs / billing due list process this sales order. System will definitely allow you to create another sales order with this same WBS as we have removed it in old sales order.

Please try once and let me know.

Regards,

P Gomatheeswaran

Edited by: Gomatheeswaran Palaniappan on Sep 23, 2011 12:23 AM

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Kindly refer the OSS Note no 1458339, might be helpful to solve the problem.

Thanks & Regards,

Rahul Verulkar

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Rahul,

per OSS Note, it is not possible when there are deliveries taken place but not giving any details about cancellation of Billing and FI documnets.

Thank you very much for your time and effor to provide help in this and I wait for few more views on this. If still no suitable solution found then i will close the thread.

Regards,

PSR

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi PSR,

Just carry out reversals even for GI and delete the delivery document and then delete the sales document and create a new one.

Are there any restrictions in doing this?

Regards,

Raghu.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Raghu,

No Goods yet on this project excet billing documents. yes we have problem in creating a new sales order, this being a assembly process, for every sales order we create system generates Project in back ground.

Thanks for your time and efforts to look into the issue.

Regards,

PSR