cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Number Formats

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

We have an adobe form that we export from SAP and import back to SAP. We need to maintain different locales for different users(US, DE). In SAP, some users have US and some have DE and the number formats are 123,23.99 for US and 123.23,99 for DE on SAP for them. When they export the data to adobe forms, all the users see 123,23.99 irrespective of their locale settings. I tried using viewer's system locale and also default locale (setting the default locale on the form properties to viewer's system locale). but nothing works and everybody sees number on adobe forms as US format. Also when german users import the file back into SAP(SAP - shows in german format), additional 3 zeros are added to the data in SAP.

Eg: They export 123.23,00(german format-SAP) into adobe forms(here it shows as 123,23.00) and on import back into SAP it becomes 123.23.000,00. Can someone help me here? I am new to this environment.

Any help is greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

You can try

1) As a Quick fix for this problem you could have the amounts formatted in SAP ( using write - to) before sending to Adobe form and in the adobe form have a text field instead of numeric/decimal.

2) for the fields which need the locale specific display try in the initialization of the field with the java script:

TextField.locale = "en_US"; ( en_US: is the default value and if the OS of the user's machine doesn't supply the locale this default value is used). Locale for german is " de_DE".

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Sethuram,

Thanks a lot for replying, but as I mentioned, the adobe needs to show it in different locale formats based on the user's locale. We have US and german clients. So, hardcoding it in java-script might not work. Can we obtain the OS locale setting of the computer the user has and set that in java script? Can u please let me know as to how can that be done, if it can?

I see "Viewer's system locale and default locale . I see different explanantions for them around. How are they exactly used? Our SAP server is hosted in US. Does that matter?

Thanks,