cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to receive bundled iDocs in PI and build web service call based on them

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi experts

I have a challenge where PI 7.1 receives 1000 bundled iDocs of the same type and from these PI must generate 3 target messages (SOAP requests). The records in the iDocs must be mapped to one of 3 different target messages depending on the iDoc header value. The 3 target messages must be sent in a web service request to the same web service. The web service will thus be called 3 times, one for each request message.

Will it be possible to handle this using n:m mapping as described in help.sap.com (and then just using 1 source message in the mapping as the iDocs are of the same type) or is a java mapping required and if so, what are the pointers?

BR Mikael

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Shabarish_Nair
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

yes. this will be a N:M mapping.

/people/shabarish.vijayakumar/blog/2010/01/22/idoc-packaging--sap-pi-71-ehp1-and-above

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

baskar_gopalakrishnan2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

It is possible to do using n:m mapping and you can use one source message with occurence 1 to 1000. No java mapping is required.

Is your target messages are going to call different method/operation of the webservice or same?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Baskar, yes same operation on the web service.

baskar_gopalakrishnan2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Then no need extra effort in target side. Do N:M mapping.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello again

I just realized that I have to call 3 different operations on the same webservice. How does that change things? I need to use a BPM right?

baskar_gopalakrishnan2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

>I just realized that I have to call 3 different operations on the same webservice

if you design different soap recv channels, then you can specify action value as specfic to each operation in each soap receiver cc. If you use same channel for all of them then you might have to use dynamic configuration to populate different operation as action in the communication channel.