cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

2011 Q3 Ruleset update by SAP

Former Member
0 Kudos

The 2011 ruleset update has now been incorporated into 5.3 Support Pack 17 and 10.0 Support Pack 5 which are both in released status. Please see sap note "1604722 Risk Analysis and Remediation Rule Update Q3 2011" for a full summary of the changes made. Please see sap note "1352498 Support Pack Numbering - GRC Access Control" for information on the support pack numbering for Access Control.

As indicated in this note, the ruleset changes are incorporated into 5.3 SP17 and 10.0 SP 5. For new customers implementing Access Control, the rules contained in these support packs contain the most recent version of the delivered ruleset. See sap note "1033326 Risk Analysis and Remediation Rule Upload guidance" for information on how to find the files in 5.3 and upload. In 10.0, you will activate the appropriate GRAC_RA_RULESET* BC_SETS applicable to your system.

For existing customers, you will need to review the updates made per the Word document included in sap note 1604722 and manually make the changes to your ruleset that you believe are applicable in your environment. It is highly recommended that existing customers DON'T reactivate the BC_SETS in 10.0 or reload the text files in 5.3 as it will overwrite your customization. The only option then is to manually make the changes using the Rule Architect functionality.

Please see related sap notes below for previous ruleset updates and other guidance around rulesets.

1446680 Risk Analysis and Remediation Rule Update Q2 2010

1326497 Risk Analysis and Remediation Rule Update Q2 2009

1173980 Risk Analysis and Remediation Rule Update Q2 2008

1083611 Compliance Calibrator Rule Update Q3 2007

1035070 Compliance Calibrator Rule Update Q1 2007

1061380 Compliance Calibrator Rule Update Q2 2006

986996 GRC Access Control- Best Practice for Rules and Risks

1373465 Rule Upload and Rule Import - Explanation of functions

Jayne

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Has there been no update to the ruleset in the past year?  We have a customized ruleset and many of our changes are corrections that could be implemented into the next ruleset update.  I am eager to see a new release for comparison to create a more precise ruleset.

jaynegibbon
Associate
Associate
0 Kudos

Steve,

I have transitioned to a new area within SAP and the ruleset changes are now being handled by someone else within the GRC area.  His plan is to review/update the rules in October and to have them packaged with the next support pack releases by the end of Q4, 2012. 

Jayne

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you for the info, Jayne.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Jane

I know you are no longer involved in this area but I would like to get your opinion. A lot of consulting houses that implement GRC AC recommend that the customer copy the Global ruleset and then only make changes on the copied ruleset.  What is your feelings around this. Is it not better (specifically in GRC AC 10.0 that has change logs) to use the Global ruleset?

Chantel

jaynegibbon
Associate
Associate
0 Kudos

My opinion is that it's best to make the changes directly to the global ruleset versus copying into a separate ruleset.  Once you install GRC and the rules, any future changes we make to the global ruleset would have to be applied manually anyway.  By making your changes directly into the global ruleset, then you have a single repository of all the changes.

Jayne

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for confirming my own opinion.  Who has taken over from you on the ruleset side?

jaynegibbon
Associate
Associate
0 Kudos

Neeraj Manocha has taken over ruleset updates.  His plan is to issue the update in Q4 2012.

neerajmanocha
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi All,

Q4, 2012 ruleset update is now available for the customers.

Refer to SAP Note "1809810  - GRC - Access Control - Access Risk Management Rule Update Q4, 2012" for more details.

These changes are incorporated in SP12 of GRC 10.0 and SP21 of GRC 5.3.

Thanks & Regards

Neearj Manocha

Former Member
0 Kudos

This message was moderated.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Nerraj, Can you confirm by doing support pack upgrade in 5.3 , all custom functions and risks in Global ruleset will be overwritten automatically ??