cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Invoice created, unable to release to accounting.

Former Member
0 Kudos

I've created and saved an invoice. (billing doc F2). When I go to VF02, to 'release to accounting", I get the following error :

"Posting keys for account determination for transaction EXD do not exist".

In the pricing proc, accont key "EXD" is assigned against BED c.type with Alt cal type 353.

Should I check VKOA? Any other settings, other than this?

Rgds

Sumanth.G

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

yes VKOA should be enough.

Regards,

Raghu.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Raghu

In VKOA, which table to choose from 1 to 5?

Rgds

Sumanth.G

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Lakshmipathi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

First check in billing document condition tab after selecting the condition type UTXJ and click the blue lens at bottom left, what tax code is flowing. Next go to FTXP, input that tax code and execute. There check whether you could see this Account Key. If not, as already suggested, it should have been in OB40 and I am surprised being a standard Account Key, how come it is missing.

G. Lakshmipathi

Former Member
0 Kudos

UTXJ is not there in the billing pricing proc.

jignesh_mehta3
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello,

What is the Condition Type for BED? Is that Condition Marked (Condition Class) as Taxes in V/06?

It is really strange to hear that EXD is not there in OB40.

Check whether JI1, JI2, & JI3 are present in your OB40 Transaction list. If yes then try assinging either of this in Pricing Procedure against BED Condition Type & then maintain OB40 GL Account Determination & try to create entire cycle again.

Hope this helps,

Thanks,

Jignesh Mehta

jpfriends079
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello

You can find TAX related account keys in OBCN.

There you can define account key EXD.

The list of account key which you can find in OBCN reflects in OB40.

Regards

JP

jignesh_mehta3
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Sumanth,

I suggested above to use JI1 or JI2 or JI3, but they will not work as they are Input (Purchase) Transaction.

Instead it is better to create EXD in your system as suggested by J Prakash above. Just make sure that you create EXD's Tax Type as 1 - Output Tax.

Thanks,

Jignesh Mehta

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Jignesh

Yes.. BED C Type is JEX2 , A/R BED . In V/06 of JEX2, condition class is wrong. I will change it to D (taxes)

In OBCN, there is no EXD.Is that the reason, for its absence in OB40?

Pls guide, to proceed further.

Rgds

Sumanth.G

jpfriends079
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Yes that is the reason.

Regards

JP

jignesh_mehta3
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Yes. If EXD is not in OBCN, then it will not appear in OB40.

Create EXD in OBCN with reference (copy from) MWS & save it.

Now go to OB40 & assign GL account against EXD (& tax Code). Then run entire cycle again & system will post the Invoice, according to GL Account Determination in OB40.

Hope this helps,

Thanks,

Jignesh Mehta

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Prakash/Jignesh

I've created EXD in OBCN & the same EXD is reflected in OB40. Then, for EXD (in OB40), assigned posting keys (40 & 50) & G/L acct for A/R BED.

Now, when I try to release the same invoice # to accounting, I get the below error :

No account is specified in item 0000001004

Message no. F5670

Diagnosis

No account was specified for account type "S" in item "0000001004" of the FI/CO document.

System Response

The Financial Accounting program cannot process the document.

Procedure

A system error has probably occurred in the application you called up. Check the data transferred to item "0000001004

or Do I need to rerun the cycle from SO to invoice?

Requesting your guidance on this.

Rgds

Sumanth.G

jignesh_mehta3
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Sumanth,

As you have new Account Key & GL Account Assignment, I would suggest you to re-run the entire cycle from SO to Invoice.

Also regarding the error - "No account is specified in item 0000001004", speak to your FI Consultant. There is some Item Category Assignment (Accounting ITem Category) to be done by FI person for this error.

Mostly the FI setting is done here: IMG - Financial Accounting (New) - General Ledger Accounting (New) - Business Transactions - Document Splitting - Classify G/L Accounts for Document Splitting.

But still re-check with FI consultant.

Hope this helps,

Thanks,

Jignesh Mehta

Edited by: Jignesh Mehta on Sep 28, 2011 12:32 PM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Jignesh

I reran the cycle from SO to invoice. Still, the same error, when releasing invoice to accounting.

No account is specified in item 0000001004

Message no. F5670

Diagnosis

No account was specified for account type "S" in item "0000001004" of the FI/CO document.

System Response

The Financial Accounting program cannot process the document.

Procedure

A system error has probably occurred in the application you called up. Check the data transferred to item "0000001004

Request an expert to throw some light on the way to proceed ahead. ( to release to accounting)

Rgds

Sumanth.G

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi SUmanth,

Pls do re-check for all the account keys from your pricing procedure, there is account determination maintained in VKOA.

This error definitely points to account determination.

Regards,

Raghu.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Raghu

Yes.... a couple of CST & VAT condition types did NOT have account key assigned to them in the pricing proc. I assigned them now. However, got another error.

Rgds

Sumanth.G

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sumanth,

Have you assigned the GL accounts to these account keys in tcode VKOA? pls check that you've assigned GL accounts to all the account keys in your pricing procedure.

what is the new error now?

Regards,

Raghu.

Lakshmipathi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos
got another error.

What is the error message ?

G. Lakshmipathi

Former Member
0 Kudos

I got the error " Tax code in tax procedure xxxxx is invalid.

The pricing proc is a copy of JFACT ( formula based). I observed that UTXJ was not maintained in the pricing proc. So, I maintained it. Now, When I try to release to accounting, the error is "pricing error in item 00010".

Rgds

Sumanth G

Lakshmipathi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos
UTXJ was not maintained in the pricing proc. So, I maintained it.

For old records, it wont work. You have to create a fresh document and check.

G. Lakshmipathi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Mr.Lakshmipathi

I've cancelled the invoice & recreated the invoice. Still, I am unable to release it to accounting.

I get the error " Tax code in tax procedure xxxxx is invalid".

I've checked the CMR. cust tax classfication & region are maintained.

Where else to check?

Requesting you to guide me on this.

Rgds

Sumanth.G

Former Member
0 Kudos

Sumanth,

For the tax condition record, you used you've maintained a tax code--first check if it's the right one..if it is,

then this tax code needs to be maintained in FTXP as output tax.

Pls do this and revert.

Regards,

Raghu.

Lakshmipathi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos
I've cancelled the invoice & recreated the invoice

No better try to create a new sale order and post the outcome.

G. Lakshmipathi

ajitsingh6
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear ,

Pls check following link,

http://www.sap-img.com/sap-sd/billing-cannot-be-release-to-accounting.htm

and also check Revenue Account determination for each Condition Types as follows,

Envoirement( Click ) ---Account determination Analysis (Click) -- Revenue Account

Click on Condition Type andcheck G.L.account determine for each condition type.

Regards,

Ajit K Singh

Edited by: AJIT K SINGH on Sep 29, 2011 5:16 PM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Lakshmipathi

I've recreated the cycle from SO to invoice. When trying to release the invoice to accounting, the following error orccurs:

Error in account determination: table T030K key CAIN MWS

Message no. FF709

Diagnosis

In the chart of accounts to be posted to, no accounts are defined for the tax code you used.

Procedure

Contact your system administrator.

Define the accounts to which a tax posting is to be made with the tax code entered in Customizing for taxes on sales/purchases.

To do this, choose Maintain entries (F5).

Rgds

Sumanth G

Lakshmipathi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Go to OB40, double click on MWS, key in the Chart of Accounts CAIN and assign the required G/L Account there which is missing currently in your settings.

G. Lakshmipathi

jignesh_mehta3
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

In addition to what Lakshmipathi mentioned, make sure that you assign the GL Account in OB40 for MWS against the Tax Code you have entered in Condition Record for that Particular Condition Type.

Thanks,

Jignesh Mehta

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Jignesh

Firstly, Pls accept my apologies,as I am pretty weak in tax code configuration.

Yes, earlier I 've checked OB40 & for MWS & a few tax codes (including A3), some G/L accounts are maintained.

In the item level of invoice, for UTXJ,I clicked on " condition details", there the tax code displayed for "A3".

Should I check the CST c.type or ED c.type?

Pls guide.

Rgds

Sumanth.G

Lakshmipathi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

You have to check for CST condition type. Alternatively, go to FTXP, input the tax code A3 and execute. Again from top click on "Tax Accounts" and check whether the required G/L Accounts are maintained.

G. Lakshmipathi

jpfriends079
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Check all the condition type who have MWS as account key in pricing procedure.

TAX CODE to follow automatically to condition values, mainatin condition record for condition type.

Well already suggested somewhere that kindly do a revenue account analysis for the invoice to get the cause root of the error.

Invoice - menu bar Enviroment - Acc. Determ. Analysis - Revenue account or press Ctrl + Shift + F12 in invoice overview screen.

Regards

JP.

jignesh_mehta3
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

To be frank, that is not possible. The error in your earlier post clear informs GL Account missing for CAIN MWS in table T030K.

Just explore Table T030K in SE16N & you will see.

Also check whether the GL accounts asigned to MWS (against Tax Code) are created for CAIN (Chart of Accounts)

ALso check all the GL Account / Tax Code assignment again. I am sure a GL account is not assigned to MWS (for CAIN chart of accounts).

Check the Tax Code in Condition Record of the Condition Type for which MWS account Key is assigned &then check the GL Account assignment for that Account Key (MWS) & Tax Code.

Hope this helps,

Thanks,

Jignesh Mehta

Former Member
0 Kudos

Is there any way to check, whether the ax code displayed under "condition details" of UTXJ in item level invoice is right or wrong?

jignesh_mehta3
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Friend,

It is not about being right or wrong.

If you have UTXJ condition in your Pricing procedure it is fine... If you have A3 tax Code assigned to it it is fine... Then you have make sure that GL account determinations are correct for UTXJ / MWS / A3. How to check this is mentioned in detailed in this thread by us...

But generally MWST / JCST condition type is used for CST...

Just go thru all the suggestions above & you will definitely find a solution... It is just a very small config missing somewhere.

Hope this clarifies,

Thanks,

Jignesh Mehta

jignesh_mehta3
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Sumanth,

This is Tax Condition so the Account Determination will be done in OB40.

Go to T-Code OB40, double click on Transaction - EXD, enter Chart of Accounts & check whether GL Accounts are assigned against Tax Codes.

Now on top there is a button for Posting Keys. System will ask you to save the data, click yes & proceed, then check whether 40 (Debit) & 50 ( Credit) are maintained. If not, system will automatically maintain it, once you click yes.

Hope this helps.

Thanks,

Jignesh Mehta

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Jignesh

There is no EXD transaction in OB40.(It's missing)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sumanth, is it a tax cond type? if yes, then you need to do what Jignesh suggested..if not, then VKOA should be enough for table 5.

Regards,

Raghu.