Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No database table exists for table ZTAB1 after ORA-01438

ashish_vikas
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear friends,

We have a problem in our test system.

One developer performed a transport which tried to change column from length 11 to 10 and after the transport, table is missing from database. We observed ABAP dumps DBIF_RSQL_SQL_ERROR with ORA-01438 which suggested us that there was some problem with field lenght change. After discussin, we have find out the culprate filed.

But, with me now problem is Partially active table which Does not exist in the database.

So now, what i should do to fix this problem.. Shuld i again increase filed length manually in test system and then try to perform SE14>Continue adjustment or what ?

In SE14 : Analyze Adjustment provide this information :

******************************************************************************************************************

Seq of steps

1 Initialization

2 Dropping of indexes, renaming of original table

3 No action

4 Activation of transparent table

5 Conversion of data to new table, deletion of renamed table

6 Creation of sec. indexes

Adjustment terminated in step 5

******************************************************************************************************************

Initial table Table type Status

ZTAB1 Transparent Renamed

Renamed original table

QCMZTAB1 transparent Existent

Tgt.table

ZTAB1 Transparent Renamed

thanks

ashish

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

ashish_vikas
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello friends,

has someone found this problem earlier ??

I am not sure but it looks like we have "Type Conversion not Possible" as mentione below :

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_erp60_sp/helpdata/en/cf/21f1c5446011d189700000e8322d00/frameset.htm

waiting for some feedback..

thanks

ashish

Edited by: ashish vikas on Sep 22, 2011 4:15 PM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ashish,

First try to activate the table in transaction SE11 and then after do consistency check for Database Object and Runtime Object in transaction SE14 and let me know the results.

Thanks,

Siva Kumar

ashish_vikas
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I had tried to reactivate table.. but it will not work as I had Terminated conversion : Adjustment terminated in step 5.

database object itself was not existent.. so consistency check is not helpful.

We recognized the problem.. at present, we have DDIC object for table with a field length 10(new lenght), a QCMtable which contains original data with filed lenght 11(Old value) and a conversion table QCM8table which has filed lenght 10(new value).

Now, in my case, original table had some Rows for that column lenght 11 and it was unable to transfer them to QCM8table.

I had raised an OSS to SAP.

thanks

ashish