cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MDM Change Tracking Application

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

We have a business requirement to showcase two of the main table fields in the Change Tracking standard application that is displayed using Enterprise Portal.

Along with the details about the field that is changed, business would like to have Customer Name and its assosiated number which are two text fields in main table also to be displayed in the standard output screen of change tracking.

Has anyone come across such a requirement?

Request you to please share your thoughts on the same.

Thanks in advance.

Best Regards,

Parul Malhotra

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

paras_arora3
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Parul,

Before you consider custom application development please consider the following options...

1. I understand Customer Name here refers to User making the change, User is a default filter option available with the Change tracker application.

2. The associated numbers i.e. two text fields in the main table have to be re-defined as display fields of the main table using the console, following which they will appear in the Record Column (filter) of the change tracker application.

Please refer the following link for additional details :

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_mdm71/helpdata/en/45/e518fb21cf4ebce10000000a11466f/frameset.htm

Regards,

Paras Arora

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Parul,

yes this will have to be a custom development which can access history table and get the records.

If you are using MDM workflows then you can also get the approval process of this change accessing the history table.

Thanks,

Ravi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Parul,

The Change Tracker provides an easy and quick way for administrators to pull data from the A2I_CM_History table. For end users, a custom UI would need to be specifically developed.

Just a thght, I have never tried it -

From Portal before check in of MDM records, you should retrive the original record ID using - RetrieveOriginalsByCheckoutRecordCommand and copy all its field value in a mdm table with some additional time stamp fields, if it is possible. Then use the A2I_CM_HIstory table and this table to pull your report with help of time stamp/user stamp and record id.

Thanks,

Shambhu.