cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SUP 2.0 - Multiple device users? (to send DCN notification)

Marçal_Oliveras
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello,

My goal is to send a DCN notification to an specific device from the backend. Now I've got 2 devices with the same workflow assigned and I send the notification from the backend to supAdmin user, and I don't see the way to specify which one of the devices must receive the notification sent by SUP.

- I've got a mobile workflow assigned to 2 devices.

- The 2 devices have their own activation name but both are mapped to supAdmin user in Sybase control center. But I've never done this mapping, the system automatically mapped the devices to this user when the workflow application has registered the device to the system.

- In the device users list in the control center there is only one user, you can see what I mean here: [DEVICE USERS|http://picturepush.com/public/6600083]

- I've created a new SUP user following this [OPEN DS GUIDE|http://mobilenxtgen.blogspot.com/2011/04/how-to-create-new-user-in-open-ds-ldap.html]

- I can log in with the new user to the control center for example, but it doesn't appears in the devices list yet...

What can I do to achieve my goal?

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Marshal.

once you have created the user in LDAP, in your application you will to include a credential request screen. After this, only you will see your new user in SCC after you have done a first operation in your application for example, a modify or create. Once you have done this, you will can to sent a message to that user fillining the field "to" when you send the notification.

Thanks,

Marçal_Oliveras
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Thank you vclement,

It worked fine! The new user has appeared when I sent the first notification after doing a log in with a workflow with credential screen.

I think they have to change that to do this in another way...

former_member745479
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Marshal,vclement,

The user for which you need to send the DCN request from the backend is :

(a) the user you used for registration purpose that you create in SCC

(b) the user you used for login purpose in the credentials request.

Will SUP take the SCC registered user or logged in user from the application ?

Regards,

Viju

Marçal_Oliveras
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi vijayendravs,

The answer is B

As I have observed the users for device registration are only used for deploying workflows and test notifications from the workbench.

By default, once a device has completed the registration process in the SCC it's associated to a supAdmin user (you can check it in the SCC, devices, button "Users")

But when you execute a workflow with credential request, then the user that you use to log in, it's added in the device related users. After that, you can send a DCN notification from the backend to this user and the device will receive it.

former_member745479
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Marshal,

Thanks for the explanation. Now I understand.

Regards,

Viju

Former Member
0 Kudos

One other note, it is only associated with supAdmin because you may have chosen to login as supAdmin/s3pAdmin which are the defaults from the credential screen or set static credentials option. If you enter a different username <supuser1>/password, devices get mapped to <supuser1> and then DCNs need to be targeted to <supuser1>

former_member745479
Participant
0 Kudos

Thanks for the input Himagiri.

Regards,

Viju

Marçal_Oliveras
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Himagiri,

I think it's convenient to add a way to add/delete device related users from SCC don't you think?

I ask you that because I know you are from Sybase. I think it's convenient because if you want to use for example a Server Initiated workflow, now it's mandatory first use a "dummy" credential request workflow to assign the device to an user.

Thank you.

former_member745479
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Marshal,

I second you. If the users are only using Server driven notification, then asking the users to enter their credentials would be a uncomfortable one.

But, I thought, only in server driven notification, "Activation" screen will be used.

Marshal/Himagiri - Can you please explain what is the relevance of Activation screen ?

Regards,

Viju

david_brandow
Contributor
0 Kudos

The Activation screen, if supplied, will be brought up the first time the appication is opened on the device/simulator, whether its because a client-initiated application was opened proactively on the device or because a server-initiated notification was opened. What that activation screen does is entirely up to you, it could ask the user to supply credentials, it could invoke a settings/configuration operation on the backend, it could show a help/welcome screen, the possibilities are endless.

former_member745479
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi David,

Thanks for very much. That really makes sense.

Regards,

Viju

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Experts,

We are working on Server-initiated workflow from Sybase but we want to send an alert message from SAP to mobile device so what should we have to do ? or we have to used Sybase as a middle layer

Can we have to develop some code in SAP ?

Regards,

Tapan