cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SNP heuristic error maximum number of orders per period reached

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello All,

I am getting one strange error "APO SNP heuristic error maximum number of orders per period reached (000000040)"

Product XXX/ Location XXX: Maximum number of orders per period reached (000000040)

For the problem : PPDS heuristic is working fine, while running the SNP heuristic I am getting this problem.

Please let me know asap.

Thanks in Advance,

Kind Regards,

Santosh

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

There is a section in the IMG where you can change this behaviour.

in SPRO - SAP SCM - IMG

-> Advanced Planning and Optimisation

-> Supply Chain Planning

-> Supply Network Planning (SNP)

-> Basic Settings

-> Maintain Global SNP Settings

You will see the field "Heu.: Orders per Bkt" which should have the value of 40 in there, e.g. the limit to the number of orders SNP can raise in any planning bucket.

If you raise this number (to say 100) then hopefully your message will no longer be issued by the system.

Alternatively, you can check the cause of why the system is rasing so many orders. For example, check the lot size that the Product has for that location (lot-for-lot will create an order for every demand for example).

Hopr that helps

Regards

Ian

former_member453166
Participant
0 Kudos

Ian said everything I would have, but I'd also add that this frequently occurs when maximum lot size is errantly maintained. That is to say, within a single time bucket it attempts to divide the total demand by the max lot size (i.e. if total demand is 1000 and max lot size is 10, it will try to create 100 orders - in excess of the out-of-the-box setting of "40").

If you are using max lot size frequently to determine order size, you'll want to carefully analyze the max number of orders per period to help you determine which setting you could make per Ian's input above.