cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Reminder Need to Set for Contract Approval

Former Member
0 Kudos

Reminders need to be set for contract approval when no action has been taken.

The correspondent approver/group of approvers need to be informed

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

As per my understanding you will need run this task on a regular basis. So you should write a java code and use SAP Sourcing IAPIs in that code. Make a JAR and deploy on to the server. Then you can call your code on a scheduled basis using the Schedule Task functionality present in the application.

You might have to use the java mail apis for writing your mail and findAll()/SQL code to access all the contract documents

Thanks

Devesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

do you have sample code

Former Member
0 Kudos

No yet. We are working on a similar requirement. I shall give you some pointers when we are done.

Thanks

Devesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

I have one issue Ability to set up delegations for contract approval. Can an approver delegate his work-item to somebody else if he is on leave.

2. We have to restrict the visibility of Questions based upon technical and commercial. For example if there are two section commercial and technical, technical team should not be able to see commercial questions and vice-versa

Edited by: Vasantha9 on Sep 22, 2011 12:40 PM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Vasantha,

That is no such standard functionality available. You would have to design a custom aproach for that.

Thanks

Devesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI

do u have any idea custom approach

Kind Regards

V.Venakt

Former Member
0 Kudos

Here is an approach that was designed by our functional team :

You create an approval group that has just one member and when delegation is required the contract admin can add a new user to that group. This will ensure that approval goes to the delegated user as well.

Of course, the delegated user should be removed from the group once he/she is no more needed.

It involves some manual work but this is an appropriate solution given the restricted functionality of SAP Sourcing in this case.

Members can share their views on this topic as well.

Thanks

Devesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

do u know how to solve this issue.

We have to restrict the visibility of Questions based upon technical and commercial. For example if there are two section commercial and technical, technical team should not be able to see commercial questions and vice-versa

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Vasantha,

Currently I am not able to get a solution for this problem. I shall post in case I am able to find one.

Thanks

Devesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Devesh,

Any updates on this implementation - Sending Reminder Emails to Approvers for Contract Approval? Can you share the sample code of the same.

I have a query that while writing a custom java code, how do we compile our java file? I am getting compilation errors like "Cannot find Symbol" although required import statements are added.

Please guide me through writing custom java code, compiling and creating jar. I have found steps for deploying the jar on server but I am unable to compile custom java file.

Thanks,

Saloni