Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

dbcc checkdb

mandreas
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hello!

I worked out sapnote 142731 but we are not able to restore, because the production has been working since two further days. Can anybody tells me how to repair the allocation errors?

Thank you in advance

Michael

The last checkdb give me this result:

dbcc checkdb (PL3)with no_infomsgs

Server: Msg 8905, Level 16, State 1, Line 1

Extent (1:1031296) in database ID 7 is marked allocated in the GAM, but no SGAM or IAM has allocated it.

Server: Msg 8905, Level 16, State 1, Line 1

Extent (1:1038336) in database ID 7 is marked allocated in the GAM, but no SGAM or IAM has allocated it.

CHECKDB found 2 allocation errors and 0 consistency errors not associated with any single object.

CHECKDB found 2 allocation errors and 0 consistency errors in database 'PL3'.

repair_allow_data_loss is the minimum repair level for the errors found by DBCC CHECKDB (PL3 ).

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

mandreas
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hello!

Thank you very much for your reply!

Last weekend a had a downtime. So I used it for the following repair:

use <SID>

exec sp_dboption '<SID>,'single user','TRUE'

DBCC CHECKDB ('<SID>', repair_allow_data_loss)

exec sp_dboption '<SID>','single user','FALSE'

GO

It ran fully successfull.

This time we were quite lucky under these circumstances.

Best Regards

Michael Andreas

markus_doehr2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

> Server: Msg 8905, Level 16, State 1, Line 1

> Extent (1:1031296) in database ID 7 is marked allocated in the GAM, but no SGAM or IAM has allocated it.

> Server: Msg 8905, Level 16, State 1, Line 1

> Extent (1:1038336) in database ID 7 is marked allocated in the GAM, but no SGAM or IAM has allocated it.

> CHECKDB found 2 allocation errors and 0 consistency errors not associated with any single object.

> CHECKDB found 2 allocation errors and 0 consistency errors in database 'PL3'.

> repair_allow_data_loss is the minimum repair level for the errors found by DBCC CHECKDB (PL3 ).

I would open an OSS call and attach that information to the message. The SQL server support group should check that error.

Markus