cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

kernel

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Guys,

Our landscape consists of backend ECC EHp4 and BI systems and we do have some portals as well . We are looking for a kernel upgade from level 87 to 111 . Is it advisible to do it alone for the ABAP systems and leave the java part ?Will the ABAP kernels have any dependency on Java ?

Also to make things quicker can I just upgrade the java kernels just like i do in ABAP(replacing files) ? Always we did it with JSPM

Our main constrain is downtime especially as we move to year end.

Thanks

Anish

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

markus_doehr2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

A kernel on ABAP can be safely exchanged manually.

Download

SAPEXE*.SAR

SAPEXEDB.SAR

DBA*.SAR

IGSEXE*.SAR

and unpack them into a directory, shut down the system, replace the files, execute ./saproot.sh <SID> (if you use Linux/Unix) and restart the system.

For Java I'd use JSPM.

Markus

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Markus

One more question is it ok to do an uprade on ABAP only (ECC and BI) leaving the java part ? will it have any dependency ?

currently ABAP and portals are on patch level 87

markus_doehr2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

> One more question is it ok to do an uprade on ABAP only (ECC and BI) leaving the java part ? will it have any dependency ?

Are those dual stack systems? If yes, then you have to shut down the Java instances too, they share the same kernel. If not, then you're safe to just exchange the ABAP kernel. There is no direct dependency.

Markus

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Markus

ECC and BI are ABAP only and others are Java only systems. So as per you there wont be any dependency

Thanks for your help

Thanks

ANish

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks all