cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to start installing CRM, ERP and SOLUTION MANAGER on a VM

0 Kudos

Dear all,

It has been some years now that I installed a CRM and ERP system (this was in the days of dual stack ). Now I see that dual stack is depricated and that everything runs on a Netweaver base.

My question is now the following;

Can someone please tell me how to proceed to install these 3 SAP components on 1 server, each on its own virtual machine?

I suspect that I will first have to install the OS (RHEL 5.6 64 bit) and then I will have to install the DB (Oracle 11.2i). After this I start the installation of the SAP component or is there someting I need to do to get the Netweaver part on the server first?

And where can I find EXACTLY which files I need to download from the SAP site for each component, because the CRM part for instance has a ton of files and there is nowhere an indication that says '"this is the normal installation package".

Kind regards,

David

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi David,

'Can someone please tell me how to proceed to install these 3 SAP components on 1 server, each on its own virtual machine?'

Ok first of all each virtual host will be a separate host independent of each other on this single hardware/server (however, sharing/swapping of memory in virtual memory is a concept, but that's a different thing altogether), so you will have to install each SAP on each virtual host just in a similar way as you would have done on 3 physical hosts.

I suspect that I will first have to install the OS (RHEL 5.6 64 bit) and then I will have to install the DB (Oracle 11.2i). After this I start the installation of the SAP component or is there someting I need to do to get the Netweaver part on the server first?

Installing the OS first is OK, But to start with SAP installation process you must go through the SAP installation guides first. Check and go through the netweaver installation guides at service.sap.com/instguides

List of installation files, again, I would say you have to go through the master guide, installation guides etc.

Thanks

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

markus_doehr2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

> I suspect that I will first have to install the OS (RHEL 5.6 64 bit) and then I will have to install the DB (Oracle 11.2i). After this I start the installation of the SAP component or is there someting I need to do to get the Netweaver part on the server first?

not quite right.

You start sapinst, it will proceed a number of sections and then request you to install the database. Do not install the database before. This is also convered in the respective installation guide.

> And where can I find EXACTLY which files I need to download from the SAP site for each component, because the CRM part for instance has a ton of files and there is nowhere an indication that says '"this is the normal installation package".

This depends on how you use the CRM system, whether you use componnets, that require Java or not.

All that is covered in the installation and master guides. Yes, they are big and yes, they contain a lot of redundant information. But don't expect to start a program and do next-next-finish.

I would start with Solution Manager becaues you will need that system to generate installation keys for the other systems.

Markus