Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Bypass logon screen

bartlomiej_lach
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi!

I have been looking in forum for my case but I could not find it. I would like to integrate my application with external program. User has to logon this program so I want to avoid dual logging on. In this program userID and passowrd is the same as in SAP. I do not use SAP Portal, so it there any possibility to pass usrID and pasword to logon screen and suppres this screen automatically?

Best regards

Bartlomiej

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

This message was moderated.

bartlomiej_lach
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi!

Yes this is last option which I consider as my solution. I would rather to have right user logged on SAP (someone who is currently logged on external application), not all the time the same. Great would be if I could pass userID and password as parameters or something like that.

Thanks.

thomas_jung
Developer Advocate
Developer Advocate
0 Kudos

Yes there are url parameters for user name and password: sap-user and sap-password. However this approach is pretty insecure. The URL parameters can be shown in the browser bar. The password itself is unencrypted. You would at least want to always use HTTPS so at least the transmission of the password across the network is encrypted. Still this is something I would avoid if at all possible. Must more secure approach would be to use X509 certificates or SAML (on 7.02 and higher).

satrajit_chatterjee
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi ,

Do you want to by-pass the SAP log in screen ?? in WDP Application ?? You can try the following way.

1. Create a SAP test user.

2. Go to /SICF transaction

3. Go to particular service of the WDP application

4. Change the settings

5. Give test user name and password

6. Save

Now if you try to access the URL, it will not ask for Log in again. But the problem is , every time the user will log in using the same username & Password.

Check if it solves your problem. Actually we are using this bypass for a anonyms user application in my project

Regards

Satrajit.