cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Handle metadata of configuration objects when transported from DEV to QA?

Former Member
0 Kudos

All,

I was reading this blog /people/sravya.talanki2/blog/2005/11/02/overview-of-transition-from-dev-to-qa-in-xi

<i>"Unlike IR when we import the scenarios in ID the configuration metadata will be lost and have to be manually entered in the QA ID. For Ex: Parameters like source directory, filename scheme, FTP server will vanish and have to be entered appropriately as required for QA sand box. After entering the metadata we need to activate all the scenario objects in the ID. After successful activation your interfaces are ready for testing."</i>

From the above I understand there are somethings(like adapter metadata..) that has to be entered manually when the objects are transported from dev to QA.

So my question is, for what all objects of ID needs metadata to be entered manually in QA.

Party?

Business systems(business systems, bus servcies, integration process)?

Communication channels?

Receiver determination?

Interface Determination?

Sender Agreement?

Receiver Agreement?

I appreciate your reply

Thanks

KK

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

MichalKrawczyk
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

first of all it's not adapter's metadata

(adapter's metadata is something completely different)

the "thing" that will dissapear is the adapters'

configuration (configuration of your communication channels) - that's all

RFC destination (idoc adapter) ftp server (file adapter) etc.

basically all you need to do

is to fill it one every system (QAT, PRD etc.)

Regards,

michal

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

former_member431549
Contributor
0 Kudos

And the only values that you will need to fill in in QA and PROD, are those values that would be different in each environment any way. This is only required the first time each comm channel is tranported, after that XI remembers the old values even though you transport the comm channel with changes.