cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

sending an email to multiple email ids with edit option

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I have a reqyuiremnet where i have to send packing list to multiple email ids maintained in the customer master. I know how to send email to multiple mail ids maintained in customer master.

(1) Now client wants that user should get the pop screen with all the email ids maintained in the customer master and there should be a check box avaialble to user where in user can select the email ids so that user can select which email ids to get the packing list. For example out of 5 they only want to sent email to only 2.

(2) Another requirement is that user should be given the option to edit the mail text body. For example normaly we have defalut lines written at the end of every mail which we send to customer.

Please let me know id anything standard is availale to meet above 2 requirements. Also please tell me if there is no standard things are available in SAP than how to map this requiremnet

cheers

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

jignesh_mehta3
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Sending of email to Multple email id's is possible in SAP Standard. Kindly search the forum with date Range "All" & you will get the solution.

But your requirement of Getting a pop-up & then select required email id's is not possible in SAP Standard.

You will have to go for Z-Development.

Your Packing List will have a Smartform & Printer Program attached to it. Speak to your ABAPer & he will write a code in the Print Program such that system will display the list of Email id's from Customer Master & allow the End-user to select the email id's.

Hope this helps,

Thanks,

Jignesh Mehta

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you Jignesh.

Please help me on the second requiremnt how to map it in SAP. Is there anything we can do in standard or again we have to go for Z- developmet.

(2) Another requirement is that user should be given the option to edit the mail text body. For example normaly we have defalut lines written at the end of every mail which we send to customer

cheers

jignesh_mehta3
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

For second option nothing can be done in SAP Standard. Only thing you can do is if the Text is same in every print enter the Text in T-Code SO10 & ABAPer will pick it from there.

Another option for Default (fixed) text to be printed everytime in Print-out, hard code it in ABAP program, but SO10 option is better, so that Text can be changed in Future if Required.

Now you have to decide. If the Text is to be Edited by Users ocassionaly, then go for SO10 option. But if the Users are required to edit the Text everytime they take print-outs, then you will have to write code in Print program which will give a screen to End-users asking for Text to be printed on Packing List.

Kindly discuss the above options with you ABAPer & you will get some headway...

Hope this helps,

Thanks,

Jignesh Mehta

Edited by: Jignesh Mehta on Sep 22, 2011 12:44 PM