cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Failed to login to target system after system copy import

former_member1326975
Participant
0 Kudos

When I start to import the system copy, can I create a database with the different name from the source system? Or I need to follow exactly the same name of the source system? Currently, I encounter this error 'DYNPRO_ITAB_ERROR' when try to login. Below is the error details:

Short text

Error in internal table in screen

What happened?

The current screen processing action was terminated since a situation

occurred where the application could not continue.

This is probably due to an error in the ABAP program or in the current

screen.

Error analysis

The program "SAPMSYST" has terminated.

The following error occurred (short text of cause of error):

"FX099: Wrong fieldtype for CURSOR. Has to be binary/hex type."

The following elements are affected:

Screen name.............. "SAPMSYST"

Screen number............ 0020

This error is connected to the processing of an internal table with the

field or variable "TC_IUSRACL-CURRENT_LINE", and was triggered within in the

program.

Trigger Location of Runtime Error

Program SAPMSYST

Include SAPMSYST

Row 1.076

Module type (MODULE PBO)

Module Name D020_LOGON_WITH_SNC

Edited by: Swiber SAP on Sep 22, 2011 8:24 AM

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

fjhernanz
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

I've seen this error beign solved as follows:

logon into another system of your landscape and, in SM59, create an RFC connection to the system where you are getting the DYNPRO_ITAB_ERROR short dump. Now connect to that system through the RFC connection that you have created, go

to transaction SE80 and regenerate program SAPMSYST. After that the incidence will be solved.

Hope it helps,

Br,

Javier

former_member1326975
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Francisco,

Any clearer guideline or any reference website that I can follow so I can have a better idea on how this can be done.

fjhernanz
Contributor
0 Kudos

Well, about generating the RFC you can guide from:

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw70/helpdata/en/22/04262b488911d189490000e829fbbd/frameset.htm

and the other part is pretty simple, once you are on the system thru the RFC created previously, just get into SE80 and regenerate SAPMSYST program

Br,

Javier

former_member1326975
Participant
0 Kudos

Now, I'm able to login. However, I got the error below?

OS release Windows NT 6.1 7601 Service Pack 1 2x AMD64 Level 6 (Mod 44 Step 2) is not supported with this kernel (700)

Does it mean that I cannot continue or still can proceed without downgrade the OS?

Former Member
0 Kudos

'OS release Windows NT 6.1 7601 Service Pack 1 2x AMD64 Level 6 (Mod 44 Step 2) is not supported with this kernel (700)'

Hello,

It means you need to upgrade SAP kernel patch.

Since the OS level is higher/newer, so it will be supported by higher patch level of kernel (As SAP might have released the correction in later kernel patch levels, for the same sap release).

Thanks

former_member1326975
Participant
0 Kudos

Can I know how to upgrade the kernel using the SAP system?

fjhernanz
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

See SAP note 19466

former_member1326975
Participant
0 Kudos

After I finished the import in the target system, I was able to login successfully. However, when I tried to access one transaction code. It is taking a long time compare to the normal system. Below there will show something like "compiling XXXXX in separate task". May I know how to solve this problem?

fjhernanz
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

This is normal in a 'new' system. You're accessing the transactions for first time so these are compiled. Next time you'll access them will be much faster

Br

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

You need to run the tcode 'sgen'. It compiles and stores in the database to avoid the compilation on the first run.

Make sure to have enough DB free space, before starting the sgen.

Regards,

Srikishan

former_member1326975
Participant
0 Kudos

May I know how much space will be used for if I run tcode "SGEN"? Roughly how many percent of the total space?

former_member1326975
Participant
0 Kudos

Currently, the newly import server is using a temporary license. I would like to generate a license key for the new system. I would like to know will there be any charges incur?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Currently, the newly import server is using a temporary license. I would like to generate a license key for the new system. I would like to know will there be any charges incur?

No I think, just go to OSS and request a new license according to this host.

Thanks

Former Member
0 Kudos

Yes, you can create a database with the different name from the source system.

Details will depend on your operating system and database.

Follow the system copy guide. You can find it on SAP marketplace.

Please read it carefully, and come back when you have got specific questions.

hope this helps

former_member1326975
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Joe,

Actually the process of system copy import already finish. However, when I try to login, it does prompt me the login page, instead it show the error which I posted. Any idea?

Edited by: Swiber SAP on Sep 22, 2011 9:06 AM

fjhernanz
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

please see my post above, its specific for these cases in which you get this issue whenver you try to logon

Br,

Javier