cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Creating new field in customer master data...

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear all,

Is there any way to create a new field in customeer master data.

For example I want to create a new field in customer master data that it must get data from MARA-MAKTL.

Kind Regards,

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

jignesh_mehta3
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello,

There are many unused feilds in Customer Master & you can use one of these feilds. You can also change the Feild name (Description thru CMOD)

There are also 10 Freely Definable Attrubutes Feilds which can be accessed at Xd02 / Xd03 - Extras - Additional Data.

As far as getting data from MARA-MAKTL, I doubt it would be possible in SAP Standard. You will have to enter the material group in Customer Master Manually or get it thru some Z-Development.

Hope this helps,

Thanks,

JIgnesh Mehta

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Jignesh,

thanks for prompt answer.

Could you give more details? How can I do it? I

jignesh_mehta3
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Thank you for the appreciation.

Which option would you like to go for:

1. Using one of the Unused Feild in Customer Master?

If yes, then nothing is to be done here, just select a unused feild & start using for entering Material Group. If you want this feild to be mandatory, make it as Required Entry in T-Code OBD2. If you want to change the Feild Description, note down the Data Element name (with F1 & F9), then go to T-code CMOD. Here select Goto - Text Enhancements - Key Words - Change -

Enter the Data Element & Then change the "Medium Feild Label"

Then go to Customer Master view & you will see your Feild Description (Label) has changed).

I believe this option will suffice in your case.

2. For Using reserve Feild in Customer Master go here:

IMG - Sales and Distribution - Master Data - Business Partners - Customers - Sales - Maintain Reserve Fields In Customer Master.

3. In for want to get the data (material group) automatically from Material Master, speak to your ABAPer for Z-Development.

Which I believe will not be the requirement.

Hope this helps,

Thanks,

Jignesh Mehta

Edited by: Jignesh Mehta on Sep 22, 2011 11:14 AM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Jignesh,,

thanks for help..

Answers (0)