cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

question about Replication & Message based synchronization

richard_gu
Explorer
0 Kudos

Dear experts, I am researching SUP2.0 so far and have a question regarding the concept

u201CReplication-Based Synchronizationu201D

u201CMessage-Based Synchronizationu201D

Although I read some explanation from online doc. I still couldn't catch the key difference in deep level. From the perspective of technique implementation and data flow, Could u be kind give me a deep explanation about them?

And from my understanding they are related to how the data go to device from SUP and back forth, not related to how data goes from SUP CDB to EIS, am I right?

Then which one from technique point use device native push(APNS for ios, for example), which one is using Sybase self developed technique? Whatu2019s on earth the difference?

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

This message was moderated.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Dileep

Nice explanation but could you also include some technical details

Could you also explain why for Wokflows we only use MBS for any kind of device ?

Thanks

Pradeep

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Pradeep,

Basically, Regards to Workflow Concept.

Workflow must be in Online Mode - most of the time it is connect to the server.

This is one of main reason they will made it as Message-Based Synchronization.

I hope this helps you.

Thanks

Dileep P

Former Member
0 Kudos

It is not correct to say Workflow must be in Online mode.

Hybrid Web Apps (aka Workflows), can work offline, where the device has no network connectivity. When the device is "offline" and the user submits a workflow for processing, the submission is queued up on the device and automatically sent to the server when the device next has connectivity.

The only time Hybrid Web Apps needs to be "online" is to fetch data from the server for the application that it does not already have available on the device.

Push functionality from MBS is used extensively in the HWC implementations.

Thanks,

Andrew.

richard_gu
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi Dileep,

Why your first reply disappeared? have u deleted it? Regarding u reply I have servral questions:

Replication-based synchronization: Supported on BlackBerry and Windows Mobile devices.

Message-based synchronization: Supported on iOS and Windows Mobile devices.

Question: Why RBS do not support iOS? why MBS do not support BB? any technique reason?

2 In RBS the poke notification is sent via device native push machanism or there are some other technique that Sybase provided?

3 In MBS the data is pushed to device (real push) right? then is it using native push? like APNS?

richard_gu
Explorer
0 Kudos

May I ask a question, does Mobile Workflow only support MBO which deployed using MBS? for RBS MBO it will run into error, right?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all...

I know that is is an old post. But I just want to react about the Dileep last post : Now, iOS support RBS since SUP 2.1 ESD #2.

Cheers,

Fabien