Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Populating fixed value date for non posted cancellation invoices

former_member212707
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hello experts

We have invoice cancellations which were created via an interface in the current period but used the billing date from the original invoice (closed period) because SAP by default picks the billing date from the original invoice on the cancellation as well unless specified. As a result of this the cancellations did not get posted into accounting.

The requirement for aging purposes is that the fixed value date field in the cancellation should be populated to the date of the original invoice and the billing date should be a date in the current open period so that it is posted to A/R. But in VF02, the fixed value date is blanked out, i can only change the billing date.

How would you suggest i overwrite the fixed value date with whatever date i want? There are lots of cancellation invoices which need the fixed value date field to be populated.

Thanks in advance

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

eduardo_hinojosa
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi

Create a VOFM subroutine to transfer data to invoice in copy rules. Use the function module FI_PERIOD_CHECK to check the period.

Regards

Eduardo

former_member212707
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Thanks Mr. Hinojosa,

But i dont think i have to check for the open period to populate the fixed value date. Below is my scenario

1.Say Invoice was created on 08/08/2011 (period 8). So billing date is 08/08.> This invoice was cancelled on 09/09/2011 (period 9) using VF11. While using VF11, the user did not specify the billing date, so SAP automatically used 08/08 as the billing date for the cancellation invoice and thus there was no posting as period 8 was closed at the time of cancellation.

Now i want to post the same cancellations, but the requirement is i need to populate the fixed value date field as 08/08. In VF02 i can only change the billing date which is fine.

My question is how do i populate the date 08/08 into the fixed value date field for all those cancellation invoices?

eduardo_hinojosa
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi

I think that I didn't understand you properly. You want to do it with tcode VF11. See these notes.

SAP Note 1259505 - FAQ: New cancellation procedure in SD

SAP Note 400000 - FAQ: Transaction VF11: Cancellation of SD billing documents

I hope this helps you

Regards

Eduardo