cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Where to go to assign Semantic code on key figure for DP-BOM (402/502)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Can someone direct me to where you go to assign the semantic code of 402 / 502 to two existing key figures (one is not currently being used) so that we can have independent and dependent forecast? All of the places I have seen for the semantic code on a key figure is only in display mode and it is set at '001'.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Manimaran M.

So the steps as I see them are:

1) Backup Livecache to infocube

2) Delete time series objects for all active planning versions in planning area. /SAPAPO/MSDP_ADMIN

3) Change key figures semantic codes for two key figures to 402 / 502 for independent / dependent. - / SAPAPO/MSDP_ADMIN

4) Create time series objectts for planning versions - /SAPAPO/MSDP_ADMIN

5) Reload from backup infocube - /SAPAPO/TSCUBE.

Am I missing anything?

m_manimaran
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Steve,

I don't think you missed something.

Regards,

Manimaran M.

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you for your help on this question.

Former Member
0 Kudos

You are correct, we have already intialiized the planning area. That is why I wasn't seeing this option.

I don't see a 'deactivate' option on the planning area. Is that the 'delete time series object' and intialize is 'create time series objects'? Also, will doing this remove all data from the planning area or is there a way to do this without losing all data and having to restore from backup?

Thank you for your quick reply.

Steve

m_manimaran
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Steve,

I meant 'Delete Time Series Objects' only. Yes, it is possible to back up the data from the planning area to Info cube and load it back after re-initializing your planning area. Please refer the below help link for the details.

https://help.sap.com/saphelp_scm50/helpdata/en/e0/9088392b385f6be10000000a11402f/frameset.htm

Regards,

Manimaran M.

m_manimaran
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

You can assign the Semantic in the Planning area KF details screen. But if you have initialized any planning version for that planning area, then you can't change the semantic without deactivating it.

Please refer the below link for the documentation on DP BOM

http://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/scn/index?rid=/library/uuid/3076f107-8ea6-2b10-34b6-9cd5b411d34f

Hope this will help you to solve your issue.

Regards,

Manimaran M.