cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

1 FILE to 2 different IDocs scenario

former_member440449
Participant
0 Kudos

I need to pick a file from an FTP server which has lot of rows inside, and due to some condition they need to go to IDoc1 or IDoc2.

I put the condition in the message mapping as it can't go in the receiver determination neither interface determination because it will look in the condition of the whole file.

My concern is that I am not able to put both IDocs as receivers in the interface determination because they both has the same business component and PI will trigger an error.

Is there any other way to design this scenario?

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

former_member440449
Participant
0 Kudos

If I use different conditions for the same Business Component I got this error:

Error when determining the inbound interface: Inbound interface found several times (for same sender and receiver) for the outbound interface

Former Member
0 Kudos

Can you highlight the conditions required for IDOC 1 and IDOC 2 separate so that we can arrive at a solution.

Regards,

Indranil

Former Member
0 Kudos

So your requirement is, based certain values in the File, you need to post IDoc1 and IDoc2

Say if Value 1 --> IDoc 1 & Value2 --> IDoc 2

The split needs to happen in the mapping. You need to maintain the condition in your mapping. (Multi Mapping)

In the target message, add both IDoc Types in your mapping program.

In the Interface Determination, when you import your operation mapping, you will see both IDoc types. (Import your operation mapping and not the inbound interfaces)

And for your error, as long as you have two separate operation mapping, and two separate inbound interfaces (IDoc1 & IDoc2), you can have two interfaces in the interface determination with condition for the same sender & Single receiver.

Thanks,

Sreehari

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Just to re-phrase your requirement, it is a file to IDOC scenario. Where depending on the content of the file you need to route it to either IDOC 1 or IDOC 2. If so, can you please proceed with following.

1. A single receiver deterination from the business service / system of the file pointing to the ECC system.

2. In the interface determination you can assign the IDOC1 / IDOC2 based on a condition. In such a case you will have 2 receiver interfaces ( IDOC 1 / IDOC 2 ) each having a specific condition. The condition can be provided by an xpath evaluation or content object which ever suits your requirement.

Regards,

Indranil

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Use multi mapping.

[http://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/scn/go/portal/prtroot/docs/library/uuid/90dcc6f4-0829-2d10-b0b2-c892473f1571?quicklink=index&overridelayout=true]

Regards,

Amol