SAP for Utilities Discussions
Connect with fellow SAP users to share best practices, troubleshoot challenges, and collaborate on building a sustainable energy future. Join the discussion.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Statistical Credit Entry

former_member215295
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I would like to post a manual miscellaneious statistical credit entry and clear it agaist a real receivable item.

What stastical key should I use for the credit entry and what mains/subs needed to beselected in posting area 1010.

Thanks,

VR

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

AmlanBanerjee
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

You can use the Statistical key G for your purpose.

You can create a new set of statistical main\sub and maintain them against the stat key G in posting area 1010.

Thanks,

Amlan

View solution in original post

8 REPLIES 8

AmlanBanerjee
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

You can use the Statistical key G for your purpose.

You can create a new set of statistical main\sub and maintain them against the stat key G in posting area 1010.

Thanks,

Amlan

0 Kudos

Hi Amlan,

It allows me to create a statistical entry with G but in posting area 1010 when I try to assign a debit entry for statistical credit entry its saying you can't do that , this kind of set up is allowed for H,A,Z not for G.

thanks,

VR

0 Kudos

VR:

I don't understand the business process - a statistical credit? That does not seem like it should be possible nor recommended.

regards,

bill.

0 Kudos

Hi Bill,

I understand that posting a statistical credit is not a standard business process but I am looking at this option, the reason is -

We have a scenario where customer can't make a payment on the receivable and will approach charity agencies to make the payment on their behalf and we will receive a email from the agency that they will pledge that amount and also we have to track a lits of pledges made by the agency.to acheive this

we will be using one BP and Contract account for every agency , so the moment pledge comes in we will post a statistical credit entry and try to clear the receivable in customer account and then post a statistical debit entry in the agency contract account and will wait for payments to arrive in that way we can run report on agency account about list of open items(pledges). the payments are sent in a check form once a month for each and every customer.

Thanks,

VR

0 Kudos

Hi,

Have you tried using Collective Billing for this?

You can declare the Pledging agencies as Collective ''Parent'' accounts, and assign the parent account to the customers who cannot pay.

Collective billing will automatically post Stat Receivables to the parent account, and the parent is responsible for payments.

There is a Collective Billing cookbook in SAP Marketplace for Utilities .

Regards,

Ivor Martin

0 Kudos

Hi Ivormartin,

Collectiive account will not work in our scenario because we don't want to assign every item to collective account.

Thanks,

VR

Edited by: VR_SAPFICA on Sep 26, 2011 11:05 PM

0 Kudos

VR:

Your basic process can work - but not using statistical items. You might just post a credit to the customer and debit to the agency - as one document. This process can be solved with several approaches.

regards,

bill.

0 Kudos

Thanks a lot Bill.