cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Upgrade to Solution Manager 7.1 missing Master upgrade DVD

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I'm upgrading Solution Manager 7.0 EHP1 to Solution Manager 7.1 . I've got the following error;

Please enter mount points for the DVDs required for the upgrade.

Enter at least the mount point containing "Upgrade master DVD"

I Can't find this "Upgrade master DVD" on market place. I've opend an OSS message but no answer yet. Anyone had that problem?

Thanks!

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello

I have lost a lot of time with this point.

Take the different 51040869, 51040869_10, ... DVDs that you need, and merge them.

I have just upgraded for 1/2 weeks. Bad decision from mine. It seem to me a step in the past.

You need much more time (lost time) for the configuration than with 7.0

Regards,

Tommaso

Former Member
0 Kudos

But 51040869, 51040869_10, ... DVDs are the Kernel DVDs, how can they become Upgrade Master ?

Thanks

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

paul_murgatroyd
Explorer
0 Kudos

I had the same issue. It turns out that what it was really asking for was a SAP Kernel DVD in the correct format.

When I downloaded the SAP Kernel DVD from the Market Place, the Zip file included a directory for my platform at the first level on the DVD, and then in that directory it contains the LABEL.ASC file.

You need to ensure that when you stage the Kernel DVD, the LABEL.ASC files etc should be in the Top Level directory, or it won't be recognised as a DVD, and you'll get the erroneous message about needing an "Upgrade Export DVD" (which does not exist for Solman 7.1).

Hope this helps!

Former Member
0 Kudos

'I Can't find this "Upgrade master DVD" on market place.'

You seems right, I was unable to see it too. However, upgrade master for version 7.01 is available (if someone needs to upgrade the solman from lower version to 7.01 i.e. solman 7 ehp1)

This is strange !

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks a lot, it solved my problem .

In my case i've merged the following DVD's

51040868_2 Solman 7.1 UC-Kernel 7.20 AIX 64bit

51040868_16 Solman 7.1 UM_USER_ENV for DBINDEP

51040868_19 Solman 7.1 UM_USER_ENV for ORA

Former Member
0 Kudos

Well ! this is something extraordinary, might be written somewhere in installation guide then. I will go through.