cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Problem with passing input parameters in workflow with SUP2.0

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Members,

I am working on a client initiated workflow scenario where i have to use 2 BAPIs. Both bapis have input parameters.

On start screen i am using 'online request' to call first MBO which will return consolidated data and displaying

it in listview. On selecting any list item, it should make a call to second mbo by passing input values from

first mbo's resultset. Here the issue is I couldn't find a way to pass values for input parameters of second bapi.

Please suggest me on this.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

I had similar kind of issue. What i have done is ,On selecting any item in the list view, display the item details in a separate screen.

In this new screen you can add a button to invoke the 2nd Bapi and you can map the input parameters with the details(Keys) in the screen.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Narasimha

I think both the solutions given here work well for your requirement have a look.

Thanks

Pradeep

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks all.

I will work on the suggested ideas.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi actually my scenario is like this

i will select multiple records in the listview screen from there i will navigate to the details screen and i will loop through the selected records now i need to call the BAPI to save those changes how i need to pass the modified listview records to the BAPI.

david_brandow
Contributor
0 Kudos

Its hard to know exactly what you are describing. In general terms, as long as you have keys mapped to the input parameters, and you supply value for those keys by binding them to control and/or by modifying them through custom code, then the operation should function as intended when run.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi David

The keys can be contain only one set of values.

What Usha will have to do is call the BAPI request for every selected Item.

Thanks

Pradeep

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

There are ways we can have array in personalization keys, that can be tied to structures/table (inputs) to a BAPI.

Please could someone explain how to assiciated this personalization keys to inputs in workflow?

any pointers?

thanks

sowmiya

david_brandow
Contributor
0 Kudos

Unfortunately, the answer for now is that that functionality is not available in the hybrid webcontainer/workflow functionality in any currently shipping version of SUP. Imminently, but not yet.

Edited by: David Brandow on Nov 3, 2011 10:00 PM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for the reply.

I think that what it says in CR 67832 for SUP 2.1

[http://infocenter.sybase.com/help/index.jsp?topic=/com.sybase.infocenter.dc01695.0210/doc/html/mqu1275582710474.html]

thanks

sowmiya

Former Member
0 Kudos

@y_narsi

Hi,

Once your first MBO's records get displayed in the screen as tables. Instead of using LISTVIEW to display the details of selected record in the next screen, use ordinary Editboxes and bind the MBO fields to these Editboxes, from the Key Option in the Input Data Binding part in the Properties tab of the Editbox. In SUP 2.0, on clicking a particular record from the list of records from the first screen, It will automatically take you to the next screen.

Thanks and Regards,

Rinzy Deena Mathews.