cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Help me in choosing suitable SAP Module to learn

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts

I'm done with my MS(computer Science) in US, previous to my MS I worked in B2B Sales as Area Sales Executive with CPG(FMCG) Companies for nearly 5 yrs in INDIA. Now I'm working as a SQL SERVER Database Developer (MS BI) from 6 months.

I'm very much interested to learn a SAP Module which suits my profile, which has less coding part and has good demand. I'm having "SAP CRM" in my mind, but I heard that in order to learn SAP CRM we should also know SAP SD. Can any one suggest me the right choice.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Royal PS,

Getting into ABAP will enable a smooth transition. ABAP is relatively easier, or it could be considered as a subset of SQL. You get lots of opportunity to learn about the business modules as you work as SAP ABAP Consultant.

Thank you,

Binu

Former Member
0 Kudos

SD might be a good start, but it is also important to understand how all modules in SAP interact with each other. Being a previous student of Dr. Magal's I agree with the above recommendation. Having a broad exposure to all the main modules will help you greatly in your career in SAP. I also took the TERP10 course which is what the book is modeled to. I only wish I would have had the book before taking the course. It would also be a great reference to go back to when interacting with teams in different modules on projects in the future. If you have any other questions, I would be more than happy to oblige

Best of luck to you in your career.

David

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi,

As you have completed your MS in CS you have a good chance in choosing modules like Basis,ABAP ,JAVA or .NET. and as you have intrest in SAP CRM you could choose ABAP module in case you feel like working on it or if you are intrested in installations and upgrading you can be a BASIS consultant.As my opinion as you have completed your MS in CS you have a good way in any of the modules as i have said above.

thanks and regards,

ramakrishna yella

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

SAP CRM is made of four main components, Sales, Service, Marketing and Analytics. SD would certianly help you understand the sales process. However if you already understand the sales process it should not be too hard to pick up the concepts. The book by Magal and Word "Integrated Business Processes with ERP Systems" would certainly provide this background knowledge.

Good Luck

Paul Hawking

SAP Academic Program Director

Victoria University

Australia

SAP Mentor