cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SAP BO as Reporting Tool on top of SAP BPC NW 7.5

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

We're about to start a new project where it is required to use BO as reporting layer on top of BPC NW 7.5. Through some documentation I'm aware that BPC NW 7.5 has got built-in integration with BO through some web services. However, I'm wondering if somebody can share his/her experiences of BO-BPC integration, in terms of:

- Are there any best practises to integrate the BPC NW 7.5 with BO?

- Can we use all BO reporting tools to create reports on BPC data?

- Which additional components do we need to install on each server to make them talking?

- Are there any performance implications attached to this BO-BPC integration?

- Any other point/idea which you might want to share?

I would really appreciate if you can respond to any/all of the queries above. Or share some documents which are helpful.

Comments/suggestions are welcomed.

Regards,

Shabbar

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Shabbar,

May be this HTG helps you:

[How Tou2026 Use the EPM Connector to Visualize SAP BusinessObjects Planning and Consolidation (BPC) Data via SAP Crystal Dashboard Design (Xcelsius)|http://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/scn/index?rid=/library/uuid/8034121d-8419-2e10-229a-99ec678b64c5]

I think this blog is useful too:

[Reporting Plan and Actual values in BPC NW|http://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/scn/weblogs?blog=/pub/wlg/19065] [original link is broken];

best regards,

Marco Modesto.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Marco,

Thanks for your response.

The key intention is to get the insight if somebody has experienced or seen BO working on top of BPC...so that we can be sure that connection works fine and it is well performing as well.

Regards,

Shabbar

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ali,

I just found this post on the forum, did you get more information in this ? or, maybe you developed at this time reports in BO with BPC NW 7.5 data

I can tell you with this, that the Planning and Consolidation ODBO SP07 component apparently has some issues when retrieving data on a Webi report.

Cheers,

Rodrigo

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ali,

We did implement this in our landscape. You should be able to pull the BPC data and show up as a webi report in BO

All you need is an EPM addin and ODBO , next step is to create a query on BW cube(BPC application) and create an universe in BO and then create a WEBI report. Hope this information helps. Let us know if any . Thanks.

Sanjeev

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sanjeev,

Thanks for your response.

When you say "next step is to create a query on BW cube(BPC application)..." - does that mean you need to create Bex query on top of BPC application cube in BW, or there is some other query you're talking about?

Regards,

Shabbar

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Rodrigo,

We haven't achieved the results yet...but yes we did install ODBO connector on both BPC client and server side (not too sure about the ODBO version though). While retrieving data it gave us some issues, e.g. only dimension members are coming across through BO universe and it's not fetching the measure values.

Have you experienced the same thing? Any particular remedy you suggest?

Regards,

Shabbar

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Shabbar,

Yeah exactly , I meant creating BeX query on top of BPC cube and query can be imported in universe designer for creating reports in BO. Hope this helps.

Regards,

Sanjeev

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sanjeev,

If we create Bex queries on top on BPC cubes, how would we ensure that Bex query pointing to the right cube after BPC regenerates the back-end cube (considering scenarios like full optimization, modifying BPC application, transporting from one system to another, etc)?

On the other hand, is there a way that we create BO universe directly on top of BPC (7.5 NW) application using OBDO connector?

Regards,

Syed

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Following are the actions/activities I'm performing to fetch the BPC data into BO Webi report:

1- Created connection - using odbo provider - successful (I can see the BPC application and test connection works fine too)

2- Built universe - universe successfully created, having all the dimensions of underlying BPC application.

3- Creating Webi report - when I run the report it says "No data to retrieve". But there's data in BPC application.

Have anyone experienced the same? Any resolution?

Regards,

Shabbar