SAP for Utilities Discussions
Connect with fellow SAP users to share best practices, troubleshoot challenges, and collaborate on building a sustainable energy future. Join the discussion.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

IS Utilities Future

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Gurus,

I am currently working in SAP SD, and i got a chace to work in IS U. Billing.

My question is, "What is the future of IS". As i heard from some other, the projects are very less and only few companies implementing IS U..

I am in confusion whether to go to ISU or not. Some people says it will be good and some says requirements are less ,Based om the mixed opinions i am no able to decide.

please let me know your inputs.

thanks in advance.

regards

santosh

3 REPLIES 3

chaiphon
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

If you want to work for utilities company, I would say "go for it".

ISU as its name IS-utilities, Only utilities company implement it unlike SD which most companies that use SAP implement it.

Compare to other industry, utilities requirement does not change much if there is no regulation change.

Regards,

Chaiphon

Former Member
0 Kudos

With Smart Meters in place IS Utilites plays a major role and lot of activities will be happening in the near future with new enhacements .

joaquin_fornas
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

My advice would also be "go for it".

There are plenty of SD consultants, ISU consultants are less and more demanded. If you have no problem on travelling, ISU is being implemented in many, many countries. And maintenance of these installations also needs consulting expertise.

Just my two cents

Joaquin